PBC Showtime May 21st Benavidez vs Lemieux

He literally can fight someone else. He fights no one worth a fuck.
What other opponent would bring as much to the table as an interim title? I'd rather see him fight Jacobs but with the strap he probably has a better chance of eventually getting the Canelo fight.

What other opponent would bring as much to the table as an interim title? I'd rather see him fight Jacobs but with the strap he probably has a better chance of eventually getting the Canelo fight.
A quality scalp on his resume would, imo, make him a more credible opponent than another paper belt. These guys all keep barking, but none of them are fighting each other. They just want Canelo.

tell us a more credible 168lb opponent for Canelo right now then.

tell us a more credible 168lb opponent for Canelo right now then.
The “most credible” isnt very credible. Hes fought no one. Hence my point.

Why hasnt Benavidez fought any of the other top contenders? Why hasnt Charlo? Why is is Canelo can fight everyone but they just do nothing but run their mouths claiming theyre being avoided?

Why hasnt Benavidez fought any of the other top contenders? Why hasnt Charlo? Why is is Canelo can fight everyone but they just do nothing but run their mouths claiming theyre being avoided?

You didn't answer my question, but lets move on. Now I want you to explain in pin point specific detail, why the youngest ever 2 time WC, who is 25-0 with 22 stoppages, Rings ranked 1, who previously stopped 33-1 world champion Dirrell is not a credible opponent. Don't forget to include why Yildirim was a credible in comparison. Cheers.

You didn't answer my question, but lets move on. Now I want you to explain in pin point specific detail, why the youngest ever 2 time WC, who is 25-0 with 22 stoppages, Rings ranked 1, who previously stopped 33-1 world champion Dirrell is not a credible opponent. Don't forget to include why Yildirim was a credible in comparison. Cheers.
Benavidez resume isnt impressive. Youre literally the only one that thinks it is and is constantly riding this dudes jock.

When I start defending shitty matchups like Yildrim feel free to ask your stupid questions then.

Benavidez resume isnt impressive. Youre literally the only one that thinks it is and is constantly riding this dudes jock.

When I start defending shitty matchups like Yildrim feel free to ask your stupid questions then.

We are not even arguing about how impressive his resume is. Try again. Funny thing is its still a decent resume btw, better than anyone else Canelo fought at 168. A bunch of solid experienced fighters and 1 WC he beat up. That is factually better than Plant, Fieldings, and BJS's resume's and prob Smith, but again this is not even the topic but i thought I would just btfo on that part anyway.

Yildirim is actually very important here, because if you concede he was trash yet still got the fight, how can you even take the 'credible opponent' argument when even Canelo doesn't?

If those are the rankings, that division is shit.

it was shit even before zurdo amd smith moved up. And they were probably the best 2 in the division. Morrell should be in the mix after a couple more fights, and he’s a very interesting prospect, but that’s about it at SMW

yildrim was an enforced mandatory, and no one saw him in any way credible other than the wbc

yildrim was an enforced mandatory, and no one saw him in any way credible other than the wbc

Canelo Alvarez isn’t being “ordered” to fight little-known Avni Yildirim next for the vacant World Boxing Council super-middleweight title. Instead, WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman explained to The Athletic, this is what Alvarez wants.

https://theathletic.com/2006244/202...rdered-to-fight-avni-yildirim-he-requested-it

Like shooting fish in a barrel around here.

A quality scalp on his resume would, imo, make him a more credible opponent than another paper belt. These guys all keep barking, but none of them are fighting each other. They just want Canelo.
What quality scalp can he go for? Jacobs? Challenge for a LHW title while Canelo fights Makabu?

Canelo brings the kind of money to the table that makes fights easy to negotiate.

After the WBC mandated the GGG fight and the purse split per their rules Canelo refused to do business with them and he now has them in his pocket. He generates the type of money that it's easy for him to dictate terms.

bingo. hard to get anything done when an entire two divisions are on their knees begging for a fight with canelo.

As always you're a man of taste. Morrell is the future.

From what I’ve seen he looks the goods. Can’t wait to see him step up. Damn shame the Ryder fight didn’t happen. That would of given us a good indication of how far this fella is gonna go

Back