News Benavidez v Uzcategui next

can't really blame him
that's the recipe that got Crawford to no.1 PFP for many publications

he's just following the trend

Benavidez is a fucking fraud. What a joke.

Benavidez is likely doing this only because Plant just fought Dirrell. It's a smart move, actually. I expect he'll beat Uzcategui even more impressively than Plant did. If he didn't think so then he wouldn't be targeting him as a mutual opponent. Benavidez needs to fight Plant already. It's long overdue.

Benavidez is likely doing this only because Plant just fought Dirrell. It's a smart move, actually. I expect he'll beat Uzcategui even more impressively than Plant did. If he didn't think so then he wouldn't be targeting him as a mutual opponent. Benavidez needs to fight Plant already. It's long overdue.

Its fine to build a fight (vs Plant) but these PBC guys are taking once a year fights to versus fucking tune-ups. Dirrell was a defendable opponent because he's still a Top 5 ranked SMW. Uzi literally isnt even ranked Top 10...

Its fine to build a fight (vs Plant) but these PBC guys are taking once a year fights to versus fucking tune-ups. Dirrell was a defendable opponent because he's still a Top 5 ranked SMW. Uzi literally isnt even ranked Top 10...
It's okay if they want to build a match-up for a while but Plant & Benavidez have had bad blood for years. Building it up further would be ill-advised as they'd risk losing the match-up entirely. PBC fighters could be busier and fighting better opposition more frequently. I'll give you that. Yeah I had no issue with Plant vs Dirrell since Dirrell is still a top SMW and Plant is directly coming off a stoppage loss. As for Uzcategui it was only a few years ago that he was dropped and lost to Lionell Thompson. So I agree that he has no business being in there with Benavidez.

At some point in SMW history Uzcategui was relevant.
Yeah he had somewhat of a bogeyman reputation after he fucked up Andre Dirrell and then just ate his uncle's best sucker punch—a bomb that landed flush. Many people at the time thought that Uzcategui was going to rape Plant. They were way off though he did stun him briefly in that one.

Who should he have chosen instead? Nobody more relevant wants the smoke.

Who should he have chosen instead? Nobody more relevant wants the smoke.
Honestly, I’m amazed his team hasn’t pursued Ryder aggressively, Benavidez would punish Ryder and make a solid statement if he was on point, I feel like that fight would be easy to make. No one cares about Ryder but hardcore fans, but we just saw him beat a shell of Danny Jacobs, so why not see how Benavidez handles him as a test to build some interest in a Canelo fight if not pursuing a Plant fight. Idk, boxing gets weird when they got guys advertised as the best fighting in glorified showcases

Charlo, Andrade, and Benavidez are all jokes. Just begging for Canelo paydays while doing jack and shit to get it.

Absolute embarrassments and clown shows.
I remember when Jermall was considered the better brother between the two but it really didn't turn out like that. Jermell is now a unified champion while I don't even remember who Jermall fought last.

Charlo, Andrade, and Benavidez are all jokes. Just begging for Canelo paydays while doing jack and shit to get it.

The winner of any fight within the 3 makes himself unavoidable for a career-high paycheck facing Ginger. It's been a year since Boo-boo fought Jason fucking Quigley, even more since Twin fought Juan Whothehell Macias and Benavidez, the most active of the bunch, is fighting Plant's leftovers after he pounded the remains of David Lemieux.

They're more into begging than risking their oh-so-precious cherries, I guess.

Last edited:

This and /thread

I remember when Jermall was considered the better brother between the two but it really didn't turn out like that. Jermell is now a unified champion while I don't even remember who Jermall fought last.
He fought that one mexican zombie who he struggled with that got destroyed recently by that one dominican fighter Adames

Back