Benavidez calls out Henry Cejudo, wants to fight at UFC 191

Skydome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
or UFC 192. I had a feeling awhile ago that Cejudo may have been less than giddy to take this fight.

Was reported awhile ago that this was almost a done deal to be put on UFC 191, but apparently Cejudo got cold feet or some shit. JoeB wants this fight bad, and not surprising since a win over Henry could very possibly get him another title shot considering the landscape of the division.

Yo @HenryCejudo do you actually wanna fight or you just gonna talk about it. I'm ready, Sep. 5 or Oct. 3 let's make this official! @UFC

Benavidez takes this one. Cejudo's good, but I think Joe can stop the TD and beat him on the feet.

great fight. i think joey b wins by UD

cejudo didn't look great in his last fight, and i dont think he'll beat Benazidez, however i coulld be wrong

Joe B needs to go away from 125 contenders. He's a wasteland.

vpi5nm.jpg

Perfect card to fight on if you want to secure a title fight.

great fight!!...down the road i think...another fight at least before Benevitez

I thought this fight was supposedly official at some point. UFC 191 could definitely use it, hope it gets made.

I thought this fight was supposedly official at some point. UFC 191 could definitely use it, hope it gets made.

It was reported by a few smaller MMA media outlets that it was official, but I found it weird that it was never picked up by MMAJunkie etc. My guess is that Benavidez was in for 191, UFC wanted the fight, but Cejudo decided he might have easier paths to the title.

Come on Henry, take this fight for the good of the card. UFC 191 needs help.

It was reported by a few smaller MMA media outlets that it was official, but I found it weird that it was never picked up by MMAJunkie etc. My guess is that Benavidez was in for 191, UFC wanted the fight, but Cejudo decided he might have easier paths to the title.

Come on Henry, take this fight for the good of the card. UFC 191 needs help.

Yeah, sounds like this is probably what happened. Someone tell Cejudo to nut up and sign on the dotted line.

Benavidez's biggest weakness is his TDD. Cejudo could win this.

Anyone else feel it's a little early? Then again, who else is available?

I can see why Benavidez would want this fight now. It's a little early for Cejudo to take this fight, but in a year or two I think that he'd win it, possibly even make it look easy but Joey B is pretty legit.

Either way, even though it's early for Cejudo, he's the real deal and that'll be a good fight.

Make this fight happen.

Back