Ben Saunders' words on him being removed off of UFC roster.

Good response.
I hope he sorts his shit out and comes back.

Ben,

Having lost my mother unexpectedly in the last year, I know full well how an important loss can take one "off" their mental game...

This might be the best thing that could happen. Instead of short notice, maybe coming back to a full camp refreshed will do you good. IDK, just food for thought.

Regardless, thanks for the great fights, been a fan since '08. After a long week of work nothing I look forward to more than having a beer, kicking back and watching warriors like yourself compete. You're always exciting and your fans love you for it.

And as to your post today, f**K the haters lol Not your fault America's reading comprehension is on the decline.

Hopefully he has success wherever he ends up and gets another shot in the UFC, if that's what he wants. His comments about USADA and Brock were interesting.....I guess we won't be seeing anyone get an exemption like that for a while.

He says Lesnar fucked it up for everybody by abusing the exemption period.

Thanks Bork.

Wait... what was the "usada issue"?

Had he not had a fight under their
supervision yet?

Anyways, I wish him all the luck
with the personal stuff

yeh, he had fought under USADa and tested twice, but because basically he had let his contract run out, he had fallen out of the testing pool

so he falls under the four month clause that covers those who fall out of the testing pool because of ending contract with ufc

Pretty sure he will be back in the UFC, hes just going to have to sit in teh testing pool for 4 months.

So is this a thing now...cause of Brock pissing hot, all last minute replacements have to have had testing in the last 4 months?

No, new signings dont fall under that clause, just as brock didnt.

The clause specifically is

"Athletes who retire or otherwise cease to have a contractual relationship with the UFC"

So basically athletes currently in the testing pool, if they retire (they leave the testing pool), if their contract ends (they leave the testing pool) and if you leave the testing pool for any reason you have to be back in the testing pool for 4 months before competing.

yeh, he had fought under USADa and tested twice, but because basically he had let his contract run out, he had fallen out of the testing pool

so he falls under the four month clause that covers those who fall out of the testing pool because of ending contract with ufc

Pretty sure he will be back in the UFC, hes just going to have to sit in teh testing pool for 4 months.
Good shit. That'll be some good
time to go through some soul
searching/strengthening & train
like a demon in order to come back
& knock some blocks off.

Thanks for clearing it up.

From what I understand reading this thread, Ben's contract expired after his last fight (in Janurary) and a new contract was never sorted out. So for Ben to fight again at 202, Ben would have needed the 4 month exemption, as he has not been tested by USADA since Janurary. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

I still don't get why the UFC can't just offer Ben a new contract and sort out another fight in the near future.

Yes, he was tested twice in January, once pre fight, once post fight.

Not sure when USADA would have removed him from the testing pool to be honest, assumedly he should have got some sort of communication from them saying "youve left the testing pool"

its a bummer for Ben, but its clear why the rule is there..

good luck on your future endeavours

this is a fucking retarded policy. the guy was fighting like yesterday, but yet

that could have been much shorter and more concise

4/10

douchebag

No, new signings dont fall under that clause, just as brock didnt.

The clause specifically is

"Athletes who retire or otherwise cease to have a contractual relationship with the UFC"

So basically athletes currently in the testing pool, if they retire (they leave the testing pool), if their contract ends (they leave the testing pool) and if you leave the testing pool for any reason you have to be back in the testing pool for 4 months before competing.
Ahh ok that makes a lot more sense. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me, bud

That's rough, but a smart talented guy like Ben will be back to being scary in no time if he wishes. War Killa B!! @Ben Saunders love you man, wishing you all the best working through this moment.

Totally understandable for Saunders, hope he can get things sorted to a more comfortable place.

He's an exciting fighter and a decent name, lots of great fights for him in the UFC.​

Unfortunately after the Brock Lesnar fiasco with USADA.
I wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors but the GALL of this man to try and throw BROCK under the bus! We all know that even with severe breathing difficulties BROCK kills that bus and Ben. With that kind of millennial externalize and blame others attitude it's making it hard to continue to be a fan of the Killa' Bee.

I was getting excited to see Ben Saunders destroy MVP in Bellator.

:(

Oh i will come back to read because as a fan and someone who has gone through somewhat similar stuff to the first few paragraphs ( alot of family losses in one year ) i am intrigued with the rest ...but me and my wife having a late dinner so i should probobly put the phone down. If this is the real killa b thank you for your amazing fights ( even as far back as the dan barrera fight and brandon wolfe ) best of luck in your future

Hahahaha good times man.
Really Ben ?

exchange "Any" with "too many" and it makes more sense.... not enough time spent proofreading.... Lol

Also that was at the beginning of me writing, I honestly didn't know it was gonna end up expanding into this monstrosity... Lol

I wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors but the GALL of this man to try and throw BROCK under the bus! We all know that even with severe breathing difficulties BROCK kills that bus and Ben. With that kind of millennial externalize and blame others attitude it's making it hard to continue to be a fan of the Killa' Bee.

That is what I was told... If that was not told to me, I would have never mentioned it, but it seemed like a legit reason for their(USADA's) concern and reasoning. Sorry if what I said bothered you, I was just giving the facts I was told. For more details about the situation in it's entirety we would have to speak with USADA I presume. :\

Back