Ben Saunders no longer under contract with UFC, meets Jacob Volkmann

Glad Ben got a fight lined up quickly. So can he just continue to be tested while fighting for a different org and that count for the 4 month testing rule to get back in the UFC?

JacobVolkmann1.jpg

Why did he get cut? He was like 3-1 in his latest run.

Why did he get cut? He was like 3-1 in his latest run.
After the Cote fight, which was the last fight on his contract, he decided to focus on some personal issues instead of immediately resigning. His grandma being sick was a big thing among his other personal issues, and he put signing with the UFC on the back burner. When he finally called Joe Silva, Joe told them that there wasn't anymore room on the roster at that current time. Ben was apparently fine with that right now, and he'll more than likely be back within a fight or two.

I still think Ben will be back with a few wins, when they need an injury replacement. This is a good fight, Volkmann presents some challenges but I reckon Ben's gonna be too much for him. Saunders, submission.

VIP table & free drinks $1,000

Damn!

After the Cote fight, which was the last fight on his contract, he decided to focus on some personal issues instead of immediately resigning. His grandma being sick was a big thing among his other personal issues, and he put signing with the UFC on the back burner. When he finally called Joe Silva, Joe told them that there wasn't anymore room on the roster at that current time. Ben was apparently fine with that right now, and he'll more than likely be back within a fight or two.
Damn that sucks. I bet he will be back with a win or two.

There was a thread in the heavies a few days ago with Ben explaining the whole thing, worth a read. He said Joe Silva tried to get him onto UFC 202 on two weeks notice as a replacement but because of the Brock Lesnar mess USADA is being strict with the 4 months of testing rule.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ben-saunders-words-on-him-being-removed-off-of-ufc-roster.3310565/

I don't understand how Homasi gets the short replacement fight, because I doubt he was already in the testing pool. I mean, he was on TUF21 and when that happened the USADA program wasn't even in place. He also fought at TitanFC 5 days ago.

Channeling @dimspace for an answer lol.

I don't understand how Homasi gets the short replacement fight, because I doubt he was already in the testing pool. I mean, he was on TUF21 and when that happened the USADA program wasn't even in place. He also fought at TitanFC 5 days ago.

Channeling @dimspace for an answer lol.
doesnt apply to newly contracted fighters

It's official, no name regional promotions now putting on better match-ups than Bellator lmao.

Glad Ben got a fight lined up quickly. So can he just continue to be tested while fighting for a different org and that count for the 4 month testing rule to get back in the UFC?
The 4 month rule applies to guys coming out of retirement like Brock Lesnar.

Read the link I provided at post #8. I am not making up things or assuming. This is the issue Ben himself brings up.
I see what you are saying, but Saunders didn't voluntarily withdraw from the UFC, so hopefully he won't be treated harshly like Lesnar and have to go through 4 months of testing.

I think this is a good match-up for Killa-B. Saunders by TKO.

It's official, no name regional promotions now putting on better match-ups than Bellator lmao.
Saunders probably took a fighter in a smaller promotion as he can get back to the UFC faster. He signs with Bellator, he's stuck there.

I actually trained with Saunders back when he first started BJJ.

I hope Volkmann wrestlefucks him to bolivian.

Back