Ben Saddik was suspended for doping by Nevada Commission after GLORY 23, the suspension being hidden

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Verhoeven has suggested Ben Saddik (Hemmers Gym) was suspended before for doping

Verhoeven is happy with Gerges as a replacement after Ben Saddik's 'dubious' injury

"Ben Saddik is in any case used to having to wait a long time for a fight", Verhoeven pointed out delicately. "He was once suspended for kicking Gerges and he was once suspended for doping. Now he is injured again, that's always something with him."

According to the GLORY 77: Tournament Presser, could have been after Ben Saddik fought at GLORY 23: Las Vegas.

Last edited:
As we all know, Glory has announced some suspensions but never for Ben Saddik.

Last edited:
I believe Ben Saddik’s win over Da Silva in Las Vegas was overturned to a no contest or dq at some time because of doping. Can’t find the final verdict on the commission’s site anymore. Only this

http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/boxingnvgov/content/schedule/15_Agendas/15-09-14AG.pdf

http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedfiles/boxingnvgov/content/schedule/15_Agendas/15-11-30AG.pdf

Or maybe Verhoeven was refering to the shadiness around Glory suddenly skipping the doping checks right before that heavyweight tournament that was won by Ben Saddik?

23. Hearing of disciplinary complaint against kickboxer Jamal Ben Saddik, for possible action.

12. Request for temporary suspension for kickboxer Jamal Ben Saddik, for possible action.

Last edited:
Another one.

Suspend Daniel Sam until 08/08/2016 minimum or until fine of $990 plus legal fees is paid. Must submit clean drugs tests for steroids and diuretics at 30, 10 and 3 days before next fight in Nevada.

Last edited:
Suspend Jamal Ben Saddik until 08/08/2016 minimum or until fine of $6,650 plus legal fees is paid. Must submit clean drugs tests for steroids and diuretics at 30, 10 and 3 days before next fight in Nevada.

http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/boxingnvgov/content/results/2015_Results/08-07-15KB_REVISED.pdf

That is exactly what I meant. Thanks for finding that.

I wonder why Ben Saddik’s fine was almost 7x more than Daniel Sam.

Snub, you are absolutely right. This is no coincidence.

Even funnier, Sam was probably juicing when he defeated Moroșanu. <45> It was a big robbery anyway at Superkombat in Puerto Rico, but just saying.

Now Im picturing Rico on his computer in a dark room with an energy drink searching commission databases for possible doping cover ups to expose, though probably he just heard it thru the grapevine of Holland gyms.

As if Rico isn't juicing. All of them are.
I think all of them are to some degree, but when you get caught by the pee cup test its usually someone being reckless about it, taking large doses, not cycling off before fights etc. Its like how Cro Cop was openly on the juice but told Overeem he had to tone it down when he was on his uber spree.

Back