ben rothwell vs gonnzaga

jeremi87

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i think this match up is awesome!
i can see it going a number of ways and i think rothwell has pretty decent submission defense and gonzaga has competent kickboxing but i think that rothwell is gonna really take it to him and he has alot of power plus he looked to be in phenomenal shape i am predicting a stand up clinic by rothwell because he actually has fairly sharp kickboxing KO round 3

I am incapable of comprehending why Rothwell/Gonzaga isn't the co-main event over Dolloway/Sarafian.

Really looking forward to it! Been a Rothwell fan for a while, hoping he can keep the same intensity and work ethic he had while training for Schaub, then beating his ass. Big step for him if he wants to challenge for the heavyweight title.

I am incapable of comprehending why Rothwell/Gonzaga isn't the co-main event over Dolloway/Sarafian.

Isn't it? Fucking hell, I just assumed it was! And I'll go Gonzaga by sub, going with the theory that BJJers want to get a sub in Brazil, and Gonzaga is still a decent fighter imo.

If Gonzaga tries to use his grappling, then it should be all him. His TDs are under-rated and we all know about his Jitz. If the fight stays standing it'll either be Gonzaga by decision or Big Ben by KO/TKO and I personally favor the latter if it stays standing. So all in all, IMO, the fights outcome all depends on if Gonzaga decides to use his grappling consistently.

gonzagas gonna press the tds early and rothwells gonna brawl. expect a slugfest.. 2nd round, rothwell is absolutely dead tired, gets taken down and gnp'd. if it makes it to the 3rd both will be gassed. gonzaga ud if he doesnt get a late sub

274621.png

If Gonzaga wants to make this a Wrestling/BJJ match can Ben Rothwel stop the takedowns? I know Gonzaga is no Cain V. When it comes to the wrestling Takedowns but I think he is still good enough to take most people down. I can't remember the Rothwel Cain fight all I remember is some people saying it should not have been stop becasue Rothwell is trying to get back on hist feet when it was stop, And from what I remember, Rothwell was not able to stop any takedowns and the Gnp.

bjj GG wins k-1 GG gets ko'ed

Gonzaga is more skilled but Rothwell is so much more durable. I want Gonzaga to win but I'm leaning towards Rothwell.

If Gonzaga wants to make this a Wrestling/BJJ match can Ben Rothwel stop the takedowns? I know Gonzaga is no Cain V. When it comes to the wrestling Takedowns but I think he is still good enough to take most people down. I can't remember the Rothwel Cain fight all I remember is some people saying it should not have been stop becasue Rothwell is trying to get back on hist feet when it was stop, And from what I remember, Rothwell was not able to stop any takedowns and the Gnp.

Gonzaga has above average wrestling and it often gets overlooked. IIRC Randy is the only guy that Gonzaga tried to take down but couldn't. His technique is good.

i have gonzaga in this one. mind is telling me he wins via knockout, but if i was a betting man i would pick him by decision.

Rothwell has pretty solid takedowns. Expect this to remain standing, Rothwell also looks to be in the best shape of his life. Gonzaga backers are gonna lose some $$$ tomorrow.

GG would get ktfo'd. He's so overrated anyway! He beat CC and all of a sudden he's on the map lmao. He's not nearly as good as sherdog thinks he is

Gonzaga is more skilled but Rothwell is so much more durable. I want Gonzaga to win but I'm leaning towards Rothwell.

That's exactly the way I see it. Also, if I know Gonzaga, he's gonna try to throw a lot of kicks and eat counters all day.

Back