Ben & Jerry's ice cream have entered the Democratic fight by supporting 5 candidates

I give Ben & Jerry's a pass for the same reason I give one to Jon Jones.

No, no it's not.

Ben & Jerry's are GOAT.
Yeah, man, politics aside, anyone who says Ben & Jerry's ice cream isn't good is a full on hack.

Name a better ice cream: Cherry Garcia, Everything But the..., Real Pisctachio, Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz... the hits keep coming.

Not a huge fan of the CORE line, though.

The same company that got caught with Monsanto pesticides in their ice cream?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/dining/ben-and-jerrys-ice-cream-herbicide-glyphosate.html

This must be their comeback tour.
Ben & Jerry’s Hasn’t Cleaned Up Its Act, Consumer Group Claims
Ben & Jerry’s does good, the company promises. “Values-led sourcing” means that some ingredients are Fair Trade and all are non-GMO, the ice cream maker pledges on its website; the most important one—milk—comes from “Caring Dairy” farms, it says.
The Organic Consumers Association alleges, however, that Ben & Jerry’s isn’t keeping its word. The consumer watchdog said in a complaint filed in District of Columbia Superior Court in Washington that the company and its parent, European food giant Unilever Plc, have engaged in deceptive marketing by misleading shoppers into thinking they’re buying an environmentally friendly treat. According to the lawsuit, the final product (still) contains the pesticide glyphosate. (A “pesticide” is defined as any substance used to control certain forms of unwanted plant or animal life, such as weeds and insects.)

Last edited:
Yeah, man, politics aside, anyone who says Ben & Jerry's ice cream isn't good is a full on hack.

Name a better ice cream: Cherry Garcia, Everything But the..., Real Pisctachio, Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz... the hits keep coming.

For brands common enough to be found in grocery stores, I feel Talenti has better ice cream. Ben & Jerry's is good, but more so because of the toppings the mix in, rather than the ice cream itself. Damn, it sucks that ice cream has so many calories. I want to go to the grocery store and get 1 B&J and 1 Talenti and have a taste competition right meow.

816680010136_Hero-1.png

186852000143_Hero-1-190x241.png

I find it weird for a food company to be so overtly political. Anyone have other similar examples of this?

I don't really care, just find it out of no where.

As a seasonal Vermonter, who has been to their factory a number of times, I do agree their ice cream is overrated. It is basically just regular ice cream, but with toppings mixed in, rather than on top. Still delicious, but nothing special. Publix has BOGO (buy one get one free) deals on it all the time, and sometimes I cave and get them. Problem is they have a LOT of calories per serving. Some of their flavors are 450 calories per serving.

So the CT angle here, with them now being so political is that they make people obese. This helps the big healthcare companies make money off of fat people. No doubt Bernie, from Vermont, is pushing for universal healthcare. Not to help the poor, fat people get healthcare for free, but to make non-fat people pay for the medical costs of the fat people who ate too much B&J ice cream. It is right there in the open people, don't be sheep!

I'm not an ice cream eater but if I wanted some I'd choose them just because they put some effort into naming their ice cream. I grew up in Vermont and am old enough to remember buying it as their gas station but I think the UVM dairy made better stuff at the time.

LOL, at anyone that is influenced by some ice cream guys.

This, but oddly people (those that lean right I think) get upset when actors and musicians express their opinions (not e the recent Taylor Swift kerfuffle). I can't tell if folks actually are influenced or if, in this case conservatives, just think they are.

I always knew they were hippies. I don't give a damn which politicians they support with their (my) money. They're still gonna get it.

Some things transcend politics, and goddamit, ice cream is one of these things.

I boycotted Ben and Jerry’s for three years because of their stupid politics. Ice cream should not be politicized. I recently started eating b&j a few months ago, but their stupid antics are making me rethink my addiction for the target exclusive peanut butter world and gimme smore. Maybe it’s time to spend my money elsewhere. The hands up and support of the philly cop killer shit is a ridiculous stand for an ice cream maker.

Yeah. I can look past a lot because for the most part I could give fuck all about who someone supports politically, but supporting Mumia Abu Jamal is stupid.

While Haagan Daz has always been my go to at the supermarket, Cherry Garcia is not too shabby.
I do like cherry cordial, but I don’t think there’s is anywhere near the best.

My dog and I got food poisoning from Ben and Jerry's when I was a kid.
I got food poisoning from a Carl's Jr., once, but I still go there. Because science and stuff.

Interesting relevant historical trivia tidbit: President Zachary Taylor potentially died from the ice milk he consumed on the 4th of July in 1850:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zachary_Taylor#Death

Back