Ben Henderson signs new 8 fight contract - sets precedent

The Champion should always be making a lot of money.

I'm very curious wether this was a coincidence or if they did it because he complained because that was so recent

I'm tired of the "lockerroom money" excuse - that's shady shit done by management so fighters never know what anybody else is making to then demand more. It's like the old NHL days (back in the 50's before the players association) where players were paid secret amounts and couldn't tell anybody else what they made or they'd be fired.

Dana claims that fighters don't want people to know what they get paid because a lot live in Latin and South America countries where they'd be targeted - and they make enough to be targeted, but not enough to be able to afford necessary security.

I say that's a lot of bull. Dana wants to keep contracts secret so fighters don't know they're getting ripped off - BY HIM.

Fighters shouldn't want to have to depend on sugardaddy to come into the lockeroom after their fights with wads of cash. Negotiate for a fair contract and pay me not a penny more. The way Dana does it now, you have to kiss his ring in order to get his lockerroom bonuses - he gets to pay the high roller making it rain on you and you thank him as you scrounge around to pick up the $$ bills. That's not how a professional contract or situation works - Dana is treating the fighters like strippers or even prostitutes.

Right...fighters never talk to each other about pay.

Good for him. Bendo is a class act, and he deserves to be rewarded like a champ.

Sure as hell weird timing that a fighter complains, then receives a new contract 2 days later. Plus if I was his manager I'd probably release a statement like that to try and deflect it. Looks good for the UFC that way, and making the UFC look good gets you in their good graces. But then again I could just be a conspiracy nut and maybe it really is just a coincidence

Sure as hell weird timing that a fighter complains, then receives a new contract 2 days later. Plus if I was his manager I'd probably release a statement like that to try and deflect it. Looks good for the UFC that way, and making the UFC look good gets you in their good graces. But then again I could just be a conspiracy nut and maybe it really is just a coincidence

i think the negotiations were ongoing for a while but when the eddie contract came out, i suppose Ben wanted ppv points as well in his deal

i think the negotiations were ongoing for a while but when the eddie contract came out, i suppose Ben wanted ppv points as well in his deal

Ya I'm sure it's entirely possible that talks have been ongoing for awhile, but the major details were most likely hammered out once Alvarez's contract was released and Ben and his team had leverage to push for more

Back