Ben Henderson signs new 8 fight contract - sets precedent

Allright great! Now on with Gil vs Bendo for Fox 7!

despite being a UFC champ, bendo was still being paid WEC-level chump change during his old contract. he was right to be frustrated alvarez was offered a much better deal, and he is definitely deserving of a new contract.

He's gonna cry again when pettis beats him for the title

Said eventually they would renew his contract and he would get more money. Sherdog is a bunch of whiners sometimes

That was the first time i seen ben swear on twitter he must have been pissed lol

Lol well how would you feel if you'd been champ for almost a year and had fought for the UFC 6 times now and were making 39k/39k, while this new guy who'd never fought in the UFC before was offered a shot at your title right off the bat, as well as the potential to make millions with his fights, yet you were higher ranked than him and had put in more work than he had and were being paid far less? Ben had every right to be pissed. I'm just surprised the UFC renegotiated his contract so quickly

Bendo certainly deserves it. Outside of Frankie, I can't see anyone seriously challenging him in the division, and Frankie isn't even there anymore

Id like to see him fight Maynard and a rematch with Pettis, if he gets through them 2 then he's in the clear.

Half of me wishes he didn't get the money, so he had to fight Alverez with that pent up frustration and embarassed Eddie, then the UFC would have been like whelp damn that was a waste of money

Please, for the love of _____, stop saying "I seen" and "if I was." Both are incorrect. You may mean, "I have seen or I saw." When speaking of a hypothetical that is not true or impossible, it is proper to say "if I were." For example, if I were Aldo, I would ask for a new contract after I KO Edgar.

Bendo certainly deserves it. Outside of Frankie, I can't see anyone seriously challenging him in the division, and Frankie isn't even there anymore

I could see Pettis, Gil, and Aldo (if he moves up) giving him a run for his money.

Good for Benson.
I hope he stays hungry though...

Please, for the love of _____, stop saying "I seen" and "if I was." Both are incorrect. You may mean, "I have seen or I saw." When speaking of a hypothetical that is not true or impossible, it is proper to say "if I were." For example, if I were Aldo, I would ask for a new contract after I KO Edgar.

22789752.jpg

I don't agree with the article. I don't think you can just complain and get a renegotiation, Rampage bitches all the time and he doesn't get more money. I think it was a case that his tweets brought it to the UFCs attention and they considered that actually it is a bit fucked up and corrected it.

I don't agree with the article. I don't think you can just complain and get a renegotiation, Rampage bitches all the time and he doesn't get more money. I think it was a case that his tweets brought it to the UFCs attention and they considered that actually it is a bit fucked up and corrected it.

Shows how smart they are.
They didn't think about it before giving someone more money than their 0wn champion...

Henderson is my favorite fighter, love the way he fights and always brings it, win or lose.

Rampage is complaining as he used to make a lot of money, then he lost a couple fights so the UFC stopped paying him what he used to get as he no longer warranted it. The situations aren't the same. Ben deserved more money as he's champ and undefeated in the UFC (on paper - he actually lost to Edgar), whereas Rampage isn't champ anymore and has clearly lost a step (or doesn't care anymore) so he deserves less money. It's a case of Ben was worth more than they were paying him, and Rampage is worth less than they were paying him

I would have waited until after his next fight which could be against the last person the judges actually saw beat him, Anthony Pettis. Benson does look much more refined and even though im not a fan of his i see him beating Pettis handily this time around.

Back