Media Ben Askren With An Uncanny Prediction

i agree.

thanks herb.

fight shouldda been called a tko win for lawler in the first 30 seconds anyway. askren went out like 3 times.

Except he wasnt out and Lawler passed out 60 seconds later lol

he smashed lawler.
masvidal fluke win. would never happen again.
maia legit win but Ben for cocky

It's scary how many times these guys predict their own demise..this reminds me of when D.C. told Jones he wasn't going to catch him leaning in the way he did

Watch Askren vs Abbasov to see how a pro DEFENDS a bulldog...get over it lol...

Askren choked him out
herb dean "I fucked up"

askren fans lol. for the record i like ben askren. wanted him in the ufc and glad he was here. but this "He beat robbie" stuff has no legs to stand on. herb himself said it was a blunder.

It's scary how many times these guys predict their own demise..this reminds me of when D.C. told Jones he wasn't going to catch him leaning in the way he did
to be fair dc said that the first fight.

Should have been all 3.... Robbie wasn’t out.
It is all 3! Nobody believes Ben won that fight and I certainly NEVER will.

BTW, Ben just retired. Most OVER-HYPED fighter ever to enter the UFC. Had the most credentials, talked the most trash and said he would "buzz-saw" through the division and be champion in 3 fights. Well, he went 0 and 3, was knocked out quicker than anybody in the history of the UFC and then retired.
That my friends is the very definition of BOOM ROASTED.
What an embarrassment.
Good riddance.

Except he wasnt out and Lawler passed out 60 seconds later lol
Except he clearly went out and you have to be on some high level of delusion to not see his arm go limp while Robbie is caving his skull in on the mat.

Except he clearly went out and you have to be on some high level of delusion to not see his arm go limp while Robbie is caving his skull in on the mat.

Arm go limp?
Then how do you explain the simple fact that his whole body didn't go limp, how he didn't fall back while standing on one knee, how he immediately was able to jump straight after the release of the hold, without even a single sign of losing consciousness - no wobbling, for example?
How do you explain that he did not get ANY medical suspensions, which would've been mandatory had he actually lost consciousness?

Maybe, just maybe - you saw what you wanted to see and so was Herb?

fight shouldda been called a tko win for lawler in the first 30 seconds anyway. askren went out like 3 times.

No, as much as I hate Askren (and I also hated the stoppage on this fight) if the other guy comes back and wins it then it was the right call to keep it going. The fight stops when one guy cannot fight anymore and unfortunately it was proven that it wasn't the case, even if the win was controversial Askren was still capable of fighting. Robbie is a shadow of his former self.

but this "He beat robbie" stuff has no legs to stand on. herb himself said it was a blunder.
if you pull up his wikipedia he literally had an official win over Robbie.

He put Lawler in a bulldog and Lawler could not get out. His arm fell limp. Not intelligently defending himself regardless of if he truly went out.

Only fuckin casuals think Robbie was out.

Askren ran from that rematch.

Herb blew it.

if you pull up his wikipedia he literally had an official win over Robbie.

He put Lawler in a bulldog and Lawler could not get out. His arm fell limp. Not intelligently defending himself regardless of if he truly went out.

thats fine. you can say he has an official win, and i can discredit its merit by the words of the Ref.

"i fucked up"

Ben fans fighting hard to convince folks of that Lawler "win". But it really don't matter anyway. The same Lawler that damn near killed Askren got shut down by that idiot Colby a few months later.

It's like when that's what you're hanging your hat on, beating that dishevelled and decrepit version of Lawler in the most controversial fashion we've seen a fight end since maybe Romero/Kennedy... it's pretty pathetic and exemplifies just what a failure and mistake Askren's career was.

Meh...lots of guys have done worse than 1-2 vs the top 10 and 2 FOTNs..

Still disappointing tho

Worse than Cro-cop???

Really?
What are you on about?. I said 'one of the worst'. Plus Askren got retired from his UFC run. Cro Cop has flourished.

Back