Ben Askren vs Kamaru Usman - who wins?

Wouldn't be surprised to see either guy win it. If I had to bet, I think I'd pick Ben to get ahold of Usman and wear him out with his awkward style.

Usman and don't know why I'm dignifying this ... 50-43 Usman. Or keep it standing, he's been sparring with Luque for years now, he does have power, Usman should just keep it standing and spar with Ben until he KO's him.

Lol @ all the people going against the fighter who is undefeated. He hasn't lost for a reason. He's fucking good.

Askren by better hands and head movement

Usman.

Despite his 'win' over Lawler, Askren hasn't beaten anyone of note ever.

Usman absolutely dominated Woodley en route to winning the WW title.

Askren may beat Woodley in training, but training is not fighting.

I think Usman crushes him

- Just as good, if not better of an MMA wrestler
- Far superior striker
- Better cardio
- More proven against elite competition

Many of these points seem true, but I do not think Usman is as good an MMA wrestler as Askren. I'd love to see this fight.

I'd root my ass off for Askren.

Having said that, I remember an interview where they were asking him if he would fight T Wood and if he would match up well with Woodley. Even Askren admitted Woodley's style would possibly give him trouble. And Usman just destroyed Woodley.

Not trying to go all MMA Math or anything but logic says Usman should be able to sprawl n brawl his way to an easy win against Funky.

Armchair Analysis aside, take my money, I'd pay to see it.

Askren schools Marty.

There will be a lot of crow eating in this thread.

I would pick Usman. I think his wrestling is at least good enough to stymie Ben's and he is the better striker. Most importantly, he is probably in much better cardiovascular shape and is the stronger guy. I don't think Ben would be the same force in rounds 3-5 as he is early in the fight if it is a high paced fight like Usman brings.

i think askren loses to a lot of guys in the ufc ww division including the likes of lawler (dude got a pass on that rematch huh), dos anjos, woodley and others, unlike usman who is the fucking champ.

askren is entertaining as hell and will get his way to a title shot picking his fights though. ufc hype machine at its best.

Benjamin via the wrasslin'.

Don't compare Tyron "D1 CHAMP but I never use it" to Ben.

Back