Ben Askren vs Kamaru Usman - who wins?

Ben frequently handles MW's in wrestling, Usman's size is no big deal seriously.

Against MW's that have a wrestling background like Usman? Or just some dudes that happen to be fighters that happen to be MW's?

Against MW's that have a wrestling background like Usman? Or just some dudes that happen to be fighters that happen to be MW's?
Are you trying to compare wrestling backgrounds? Askren is worlds better than Usman. Askren is training with very high level wrestlers right now preparing for Jordan Burroughs who is a fucking savage. Ben gets a hand on Usman and chain wrestlers him to the ground and GNP's him until he quits.

Depends on how good Usman's defensive wrestling is. Usman hasn't had his defensive wrestling tested by a high level wrestler in MMA yet and his biggest strength is his offensive wrestling which he likely won't want to use in a match up with Askren.

A match up between Usman and Colby would give us a much better idea of how Usman would do against Askren.

The Askren fanbois are adorable.

I think Usman takes it looks to be bigger stronger and far more athletic, but the way that Askren keeps after Kamaru trying to taunt him into a fight even before he got the belt tells me he may know something we don't...

Askren. I think the difference between them in striking is fairly minimal, certainly not "significant", and Ben is much better in any position if the fight goes to the ground.
Usman puts people to sleep...are you serious? Askren has no power

Askrens striking is horrendous. He’s not a top WW

Agree with the first few posts. Too versatile, just as good of cardio, and way more ways to win.

Have to pick Usman right now but askren is definitely a question mark and seems to be confident in himself and more than able to get a reaction out of Usman which is interesting

It can often be strange when a well rounded D2 champ meets with a stud D1 wrestler that is not as well rounded. A great example would be like Rumble vs DC, where the more well rounded guy is seen to have an advantage but just can't keep the better wrestler off. The contrary would be Rumble vs Davis tho, where the wrestler can not impose his grind. To beat Ben, I feel you have to KO him, as he will surrender a round but will drown you later. The fact he finished Robbie, who has some of the best anti wrestling in one ound shows just how good he is. Robbie went ten rounds with Pig Pigg and was never closed to being in a position like that. Askren can not only wrestle his ass off but can grapple and is smart AF.

I see someone is passing out the stupidity pills again....The answer is always Askren

Usman puts people to sleep...are you serious? Askren has no power
Why is this plural? He has knocked out one person, singular. Which is not impressive. And not indicative of a striker. Ha, "puts people to sleep."

See, people like you don't care about facts. They don't care about stats. They care about promulgating a narrative. Not even a very good one, just one you presumably like. Usman has 3 knockdowns in his 10 fight UFC career. That's less than a knockdown every 3 fights, and that's just knockdowns. For instance, the guy Askren faced last in Robbie Lawler had 9 knockdowns in 19 fights prior to the Askren fight. That's a significantly higher KO to fight ratio. Robbie Lawler is much more of a striker than Usman. As I mentioned in my previous stat-filled post, only 41% of Usman's strikes come from standing, which is incredibly small, and 25% less than the 66% of strikes from Lawler which come from standing. Lawler is actually a standup guy. He has a lot of finishes on the feet, going back to his days in strikeforce and EliteXC and even before that KOed FRank Trigg. Now, you're talking about a guy in Usman who almost never ends fights from standing and doesn't even like fighting from standing (as is shown statistically) and assuming he'll become some knockout star just because you think Ben has no power. THe logic doesn't follow.

Why is this plural? He has knocked out one person, singular. Which is not impressive. And not indicative of a striker. Ha, "puts people to sleep."

See, people like you don't care about facts. They don't care about stats. They care about promulgating a narrative. Not even a very good one, just one you presumably like. Usman has 3 knockdowns in his 10 fight UFC career. That's less than a knockdown every 3 fights, and that's just knockdowns. For instance, the guy Askren faced last in Robbie Lawler had 9 knockdowns in 19 fights prior to the Askren fight. That's a significantly higher KO to fight ratio. Robbie Lawler is much more of a striker than Usman. As I mentioned in my previous stat-filled post, only 41% of Usman's strikes come from standing, which is incredibly small, and 25% less than the 66% of strikes from Lawler which come from standing. Lawler is actually a standup guy. He has a lot of finishes on the feet, going back to his days in strikeforce and EliteXC and even before that KOed FRank Trigg. Now, you're talking about a guy in Usman who almost never ends fights from standing and doesn't even like fighting from standing (as is shown statistically) and assuming he'll become some knockout star just because you think Ben has no power. THe logic doesn't follow.
Tl;dr

Literally

Usman easy. No striking threat= Askren getting stuffed all day and peppered on the feet

Askren imo

Hes just a way better wrestler and thats Usmans game too

I think he will have a very hard time but eventually he will take over if he doesnt get fucked up. Theres just no way Marty wins a decision. Askren is relentless and he wont stop, eventually he will get that takedown and gas him out with his control like he has in every fight hes had

Askren would take him down and lay on him for 15 minutes like he does everyone else.

Askren does what he always does and makes the haters salty, shocked, or down right pissed <Goldie11>

Back