Ben Askren still isn't sold on Khamzat Chimaev:

To be fair to Ben Askren, he tapped out Robert Lawler.
Maybe but he's still a can

YyslyNA.gif

yeah, i've seen the fights. i still stick with what i said. a can doesn't do what he has done in his career.
He fought cans and a green Lima. Then became the can when he fought high level opponents in the UFC. But who cares

askren got a bit of a raw deal from his critics. beat lawler (no matter what others say about the fight), lost in a very unprecedented and unexpected way with masvidal, and lost on the ground to a beast in maia. i don't think he would have been champ, but i think he would have won a few more fights in the ufc had he stayed around, and had gotten there earlier.

*Like*

And agree. Always seemed to me lile the UFC were trying to give him the hardest possible match ups they could find him. Dana was probably still salty from the comments Ben made when he wasn't in the UFC.

Lol at the first replies. Ben knows how to troll the trolls

Calling it now. The Borz has issues with his striking. He is sticking his chin out when punching and is not compact enough.

His next apanyent has a methodical approach to boxing so maybe he can be a problem to the Borz.

I feel like his biggest issue may be that he is seemingly going balls out for every second of the fight until he gets the finish. If he doesn't get the finish against a gritty UFC vet, what the fuck happens in the 3rd round??

and this is coming from a guy that fondles Chimaev's nut sack on a regular basis

Sure, Chimaev hasn't beaten any great fighters yet, but please: when was the last time someone entered the UFC and shut his opponents down like that?
With grappling especially, because there's some strikers who get a few quick KO's, but when was the last time we saw a wrestler obliterate his first two opponents like that?

Khamzat just called Meershart's black belt into question. (Iole)

He better not get submitted.

He's talking SO MUCH shit right now just so much...

Last edited:
You'd have to be an idiot to be "sold" on a fighter for beating up two Cage Warriors level guys
cage warriors is top tier and produces mma legends amongst them the champ champ mcgregor, his foot was a balloon against khabib otherwise he's smoke him.

Last edited:
Back