Ben Askren predicts a Montreal fight with GSP in late 2019

its hard to call someone nr1 when he beats a almost retired inactive fighter and GSP is a half retired, inactive fighter.
ben askren needs to beat someone from the active challenge who looks unstoppable and is in his prime.
ben askren needs fights against guys like tony ferguson, khabib, darren till, woodley and so on to prove hes the top notch AND he needs couple of fights against them. 2 fights against khabib, 2 fight against tony ferguson and he needs to beat them all over again.. then u can say hes top noth.. but not beating a half retired guy in a money fight.
Funny how you throw LWs in there to start when Askren is claiming No 1 WW. How about he fights Maia, Rory, Usman, Lawler etc and if he beats all of those he beats Woodley and then Maybe just Maybe he deserves to ask for a GSP fight.

If Askren deserves a GSP fight to determine #1 WW then I am deserving to fight Mayweather and its not for the money.

Funny how you throw LWs in there to start when Askren is claiming No 1 WW. How about he fights Maia, Rory, Usman, Lawler etc and if he beats all of those he beats Woodley and then Maybe just Maybe he deserves to ask for a GSP fight.

If Askren deserves a GSP fight to determine #1 WW then I am deserving to fight Mayweather and its not for the money.

tony is a natural welterweight wich drains into lightweight. khabib can compete there easily and is a style matchup.

u need to beat up those type of guys to prove u the top notch not a half retired GSP

Hold on, are you saying that Fitch, koschek , Hughes and Hendricks have a better wrestling pedigree than Askren?

How many of them competed in the Olympics in wrestling? None...
No I said they have a better Pedigree with their wrestling in MMA. being in the olympics does not equal great in MMA. Being an olympic level wrestler in MMA with a decent BJJ defense & offense you look like a killer when your opponents have ZERO wrestling defense due to skill or size. Askren has never fought anyone on the level of GSPs opponents. He isn't remotely close to being on the level of GSP.

Saying GSP is better at striking to grappling is one thing. Kind of a joke to say hes a better wrestler than Ben. GsP has done it to other wrestlers before so maybe he can prove so again. But lol to say hes better than Ben. Esp cuz mmamath

GSP is likely the best MMA wrestler of all time. Not just better than Askren, better than everyone.

Aoki is the only fighter Ben faced that I would say was smaller than him.
His last 8 fights in ONE FC I have no idea who any of them are but the japanese do not cut weight like North Americans. His other none Japanese opponents are european who also don't cut the same. I would say smaller applies to most of his opponents. I am 1/2" shorter then him but outweigh him yet he is "Bigger" then I am.

His last 8 fights in ONE FC I have no idea who any of them are but the japanese do not cut weight like North Americans. His other none Japanese opponents are european who also don't cut the same. I would say smaller applies to most of his opponents.

You would be wrong...

Bellator not one opponent was he bigger than

ONE: bigger than 2 smaller than 3 same size as 2

Aoki- Askren was bigger
Kadestam - Askren was smaller
ben-askren-zebaztian-kadestam-one-shanghai.jpg
Agilan Thani - Same size (just terribly unskilled)

Nikolay Aleksakhin - bigger than Askren (science lab subject)
Askren-ONE-.png

Santos - way bigger than Askren
20151112075243_IMG_8874eweb1.JPG

Suzuki - Askren was bigger

Bakhtiyar Abbasov - shorter but much stronger, so i'd call it a wash.
20140529073454_Askren_and_Abbasov.JPG

I got respect for askren. He’s had a good career. I think the ufc should give him a couple fights, not necessarily a title fight, but someone in the top 10 would be nice
Not a big fan but I agree he should have got a shot in the ufc. I want the best fighters in the world, even if they aren’t traditionally exciting. UFC was going down when they cut Fitch and shields
( neither of whom I care for)

WAR ASKREN!!!!!

Ben_askren.jpg

temp-320-31483945_medium.gif

SmartHeftyDunnart-size_restricted.gif

temp-320-23817866.gif

EZX8ua5.gif

Ben-Askren-CTT_4010-1200x800.jpg

That take down on Jay Heroin is way underrated. Jay had him in full sprawl but Askren got his legs back underneath and completed the shot. Amazing shit.

aEXtFZt.gif

tenor.gif

Ben+Askren.png

What a dummy. He’s not a name that sells, he badmouths the ufc (although justified) and he thinks he can get a shot a gsp?!?!

GSP is likely the best MMA wrestler of all time. Not just better than Askren, better than everyone.

Not disagreeing because of his ability to go from a jab to powerful double leg but hes not just going to outwrestle everyone. Hendricks gave him problems. Ben can too.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/ben-askren-predicts-late-2019-showdown-with-georges-st-pierre-montreal

On his motivation:
“My main motivation is to prove I’m No. 1 in the world,” Askren recently told MMAjunkie Radio. “I think it will happen, at the Bell Centre (in Montreal). Me vs. ‘GSP,’ probably somewhere in late 2019. … I don’t need to make any more money from fighting, and there’s only one thing left to prove. I’ve been No. 1 for the past five years, and I’ve unfortunately never had the chance to prove that fight. It’s the one thing that interests me.”

Wow what bullshit.

This dude gets more fucking delusional by the day.

GSP is a better MMA wrestler then Askren. Maybe Askren beats GSP in a wrestling match but GSP has beat the living shit out of better wrestlers then Askren or at least better at using it in MMA. Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch, Hendricks etc.

Askren's best win was over Douglas Lima and the rest are really far behind in their level. GSP's record is littered with dominant wins over WWs who would beat Askren easily. There is a reason he was fighitng FWs like Aioki while GSP was beating the best in the world.

Nowhere did I say anything bad about GSP but no, those guys are not better wrestlers than Ben.

And i agree, gsp beats him in a mma match, but the gent i quoted said that gsp is a better wrestler then Ben based on the Hieron fight. A fight Ben used his grappling to win and GSP smashed him out with strikes

This isn't the first time I've heard him say he doesn't need anymore money. I'm curious to know how much he made fighting over seas and elsewhere. Pretty cool if he is that well off.
Just bs, and delusional.

Must have made 1-2 million tops. That's not a comfortable amount to retire on at 30 something.

GSP made 12mil a year in his prime and still came back for a money/legacy fight against Bisping.

Askren is just doing his usual schtick: talking about the ufc to make himself newsworthy

Last edited:
Just bs, and delusional.

Must have made 1-2 million tops. That's not a comfortable amount to retire on at 30 something.

GSP made 12mil a year in his prime and still came back for a money/legacy fight against Bisping.

Hendricks is just doing his usual schtick: talking about the ufc to make himself newsworthy
Lol 2 mil not being enough to retire on.

I like Askren a lot but he lacks experience against the really top guys (through no fault of his own). The likely scenario is GSP keeps him at bay and spams 1-2's like he did against Koscheck.

We all saw what Douglas Lima did to Rory...

no one cares about that fight apart from 7 people

people dont realize fighters dont need to fight to make money iv made alotttt more money coaching so far and ben coaches 3 wrestling gyms as well charging 130 a month and having over 50 students is a pretty damn decent living and he has much more than that

Back