Ben Askren predicts a Montreal fight with GSP in late 2019

Most of what you say is pointless. What does Alvarez's bellator contract have to do with askren? He was already released and the UFC didn't sign him.

Where is your proof that askren is telling the truth?

You could try taking him at his word? Dana has never commented on it publicly despite Askren discussing it many times. Since when has Dana white ever been shy to talk the talk when he knows he is in a position of power? He has been conspicuously silent on the matter. That in and of itself is a form of proof

You could try taking him at his word? Dana has never commented on it publicly despite Askren discussing it many times. Since when has Dana white ever been shy to talk the talk when he knows he is in a position of power? He has been conspicuously silent on the matter. That in and of itself is a form of proof

This is some edgy brah level conspiracy shit.

I'm not taking askren at his word because of Occam's Razor. Simplest answer is usually the correct one.

What's More likely...edgy brah conspiracy against askren....or he just gambled and left bellator trying to go to the ufc, then they didn't want him because he's boring as fuck?

Hmmm....

I'm not taking askren at his word because of Occam's Razor. Simplest answer is usually the correct one.

What's More likely...edgy brah conspiracy against askren....or he just gambled and left bellator trying to go to the ufc, then they didn't want him because he's boring as fuck?

Hmmm....
hating on edgy brah that's just uncalled for

Hmmm....

Sorry took awhile to translate what you were saying into english...

Your theory simply doesn't make any sense. Askren was the undefeated Bellator champ. Yes I agree, his style at the time was boring aside from the fact that his last two fights in Bellator ended in finishes. However he had quite a bit of time left on his matching clause in the Bellator contract. He got his exit (mostly through playing hardball) but none of this happened overnight.

Why would he spend several months exiting his existing agreement and alienating Bellator if he wasn't already promised something by the UFC? Sorry "brah" that makes zero sense.

He left Bellator because the UFC promised him a contract. You can't actually sign a contract while under contract, you get that right?

And before throwing the boring as fuck statement around, perhaps you should have a look at GSP's last 7 decision wins prior to his break. I'm a GSP fan but even I had given up hoping he was going to finish someone. And GSP was one of the top draws in the UFC.

Hell, Dominic Cruz has 14 decisions and there has never been a hint that the UFC was displeased with his performances. Utter dominance can be a selling feature on its own.

Just because you don't like a fighter (and thats fine), don't throw shit unless you can actually do so in a way that makes at least a tiny bit of sense.

All you are essentially doing is white knighting Dana and co. which is a bizarre thing to see on this forum.

And btw I personally prefer Hanlon's Razor

Your theory simply doesn't make any sense. Askren was the undefeated Bellator champ. Yes I agree, his style at the time was boring aside from the fact that his last two fights in Bellator ended in finishes. However he had quite a bit of time left on his matching clause in the Bellator contract. He got his exit (mostly through playing hardball) but none of this happened overnight.

Why would he spend several months exiting his existing agreement and alienating Bellator if he wasn't already promised something by the UFC? Sorry "brah" that makes zero sense.

Fighters try to get out of contacts all of the time. Perhaps he was underpaid at bellator and just wanted to leave. Perhaps he felt he was wasting his career. Perhaps he hated Scott Coker. Idk, look at Paul Daley. How long has he been bitching about bellator now. Rory is already bitching about them too.

All this is pointless though, as Askren had fought out his bellator contract.

It's a lot easier to speculate about plausible reasons for this vs a conspiracy theory against Askren.

He left Bellator because the UFC promised him a contract. You can't actually sign a contract while under contract, you get that right?

There is absolutely no proof of this at all. Why would the UFC even go after Askren when they're released guys like Jon Fitch for being boring. Might as well have done the same thing to Shields.

Coincidentally, both of those boring fighters got released close to when askren got away from Bellator.

So why would the UFC go after somebody like Askren when they just got rid of Fitch and Shields for being Boring?

And before throwing the boring as fuck statement around, perhaps you should have a look at GSP's last 7 decision wins prior to his break. I'm a GSP fan but even I had given up hoping he was going to finish someone. And GSP was one of the top draws in the UFC.

GSP used to be exciting. Built a big fan base. Then he got boring but still kept a large fan base.

People pay to see GSP fight. Nobody gives a fuck about Ben Askren. GSP is an established draw and Askren is a guy who is most certainly going to get booed by UFC crowds for being boring.

Big difference there.

Hell, Dominic Cruz has 14 decisions and there has never been a hint that the UFC was displeased with his performances. Utter dominance can be a selling feature on its own.

Cruze fights a lower weight class. A lower weight class in which people don't watch that much anyway.

Cruz, TJ, Faber, and Cody are about the only 4 guys in that division who are known to casuals.

Relatively speaking, Cruz sells compares to others in his division unlike Askren.

Just because you don't like a fighter (and thats fine), don't throw shit unless you can actually do so in a way that makes at least a tiny bit of sense.

That's hilarious coming from the guy who believes that there is some huge conspiracy to screw over a fighter that nobody cares about outside of the utmost hardcore MMA fans. And even then, Askren is still pretty unpopular in that crowd too.

All you are essentially doing is white knighting Dana and co. which is a bizarre thing to see on this forum.

White Knighting Dana because I don't believe Askren? No lol. Dana is a scum bag piece of shit.

I just fail to see what sort of motivation Dana white would have for fucking over Ben Askren, a guy who couldn't sell water in the desert.

So let me ask you this, Askren, who constantly whines and bitches about not being able to fight in the UFC, constantly bad mouths and shits on Dana White...the guy who literally controls whether or not he'd fight in the UFC...why does Askren think that will get him a UFC contract that he obviously wants?

Askren is an idiot. Point. Blank. His contract ran out with bellator, you act like he had several fights left or something when Bellator said Fuck em.

Facts:

• Askren fought out his bellator contract and was a free agent
  • Bellator decided not to resign him, their champion
  • The UFC passed on him too
  • He constantly shits on dana
  • He constantly wishes and speculates about fighting in the UFC
  • Askren has a boring fight style for causal fans, limiting his draw power
  • Bellator could have re-signed him after the UFC passed. They chose not to do it.

Why on Earth would the UFC sign a guy like Askren in the first place. Given a the reasons above, it doesn't make much sense when they are releasing guys like Fitch and Shields.

Why on Earth would Dana sign a guy who constantly shit talks him and can't make any money for the UFC?

It just doesn't make any fucking sense.

Last edited:
Sorry mate TLDR...

I can see you are itching for an argument but frankly you have more free time than I do.

On one side we have Askren's actual statements corroborated by Rogan.

On the other side (UFC brass, Dana White etc), we have zero statements of any kind.

So your counterargument to what Askren has stated publically several times is strictly your opinion not backed up by anything resembling fact?

In fact the reams of comments you made and exactly that, comments. Show me one statement by Dana white or frankly any UFC employee that counters what askren has stated publically over and over again.

And lets not forget, Dana isn't shy about shitting on anyone that says literally anything about him in the public eye. He has torn strips off pretty much everyone that has said anything negative about him.

and yet for some bizarre reason that only you seem to have the answers to, White has never directly commented on Askren's statements. In fact the only comments that White has made about Askren has pertained to his fighting style. But zero comments about contract negotiations (while for example White spoke dozens of times about the breakdown of negotations with Fedor).

Look you are entitled to your lengthy opinion but it has no credibility because you have yet to demonstrate a single shred of anything resembling facts from the other side of the fence.

This is the closest you will get to Dana White commenting on Askren...

q4dsLjG.jpg

Last edited:
Back