Ben Askren outlines what it will take for him to come out of retirement

I don't think any offer will be made unless Dana wants to watch him get finished again.

To get an idea of how far off his prime he was during his UFC run, just look at his wrestling match with Jordan Burroughs last year. It wasn’t even competitive. Not saying Ben’s best beats Jordan’s best, but at least it would’ve likely been very competitive.

One thing is not having the skills to compete at the UFC level, and the other is not being physically capable at this stage of his life. I think it’s the latter, as evident in his last wrestling match.

He's not good enough. i dont think he can beat anyone in the top 10 of his weight class in the UFC
Of course he can he basically only lost to maia, masvidal loses 99/100 to him

YyslyNA.jpg

This is why Ben is must see TV​
Hahahahaha.
Oh man.

Lol Ben went from never fighting again and completely retired to this. The itch always comes back. I hope Ben comes back and gets a couple of wins man. A few UFC wins will be the cherry on top of a pretty sweet career.
The itch, or the desire for money?
He would do better as a wrestling heel.

I don't imagine Ben gets an MMA itch. Possibly more a competition itch.

Punk vs Askren. The man that can't be finished with strikes vs a guy with terrible striking and the hip of a 90-year old cripple.

They are friends though. Also Punk = man who cant be finished with strikes?
<{anton}>

Speaking recently on his own podcast, Askren revealed that he would be willing to come out of retirement under certain circumstances.

“So here’s the deal: I would never make like full-fledge, ‘Hey, I’m gonna go fight, I’m gonna chase the title,’” Askren said. “But I love combat. I enjoy wrestling. I enjoy fighting. So yeah, if someone said, ‘Here’s some money, go fight one time. Here’s the right opponent, let’s have some fun.’ I probably would, you know?”

UFC and the organization would certainly be happy to have Askren keep fighting if he so wished. And while it won’t happen this year, Askren does hint that next year might be a possibility.

“I feel like I’m gonna have to do something to make sure I don’t get too heavy,” Askren said. “So I’m gonna have to compete in some way, shape, or form, might as well get paid for it. So I don’t see why not. And obviously, I’ve told you the UFC has expressed interest in giving me another fight but dude, my hip is so bad. So yeah, in a year or so.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Oh god another mediocre fighter trying to play mysterious.

<{clintugh}>

Of course he can he basically only lost to maia, masvidal loses 99/100 to him
You can keep saying that all day, doesn't change what happened. Askren got KTFO'd in 3 seconds flat. That's a loss, whether you choose to accept reality or not

He looks worse than he did early in his career. Even softer and less... explosive? He showed durability after getting beat up by rob, but that’s it. If he literally can’t throw a punch OR show some dominant wresting there isn’t much there. He has wins over some really good fighters and I totally respect that.

Ben Askren choked former UFC WW Champion Robbie Lawler unconscious in the very first round.

I've never seen a problem with fighters wanting to fight even if they won't see a title fight. I wouldn't mind.

Punk vs Askren. The man that can't be finished with strikes vs a guy with terrible striking and the hip of a 90-year old cripple.

Don't give Dana any ideas. He seriously might want to headline a PPV with this, the way he's going.

Speaking recently on his own podcast, Askren revealed that he would be willing to come out of retirement under certain circumstances.

“So here’s the deal: I would never make like full-fledge, ‘Hey, I’m gonna go fight, I’m gonna chase the title,’” Askren said. “But I love combat. I enjoy wrestling. I enjoy fighting. So yeah, if someone said, ‘Here’s some money, go fight one time. Here’s the right opponent, let’s have some fun.’ I probably would, you know?”

UFC and the organization would certainly be happy to have Askren keep fighting if he so wished. And while it won’t happen this year, Askren does hint that next year might be a possibility.

“I feel like I’m gonna have to do something to make sure I don’t get too heavy,” Askren said. “So I’m gonna have to compete in some way, shape, or form, might as well get paid for it. So I don’t see why not. And obviously, I’ve told you the UFC has expressed interest in giving me another fight but dude, my hip is so bad. So yeah, in a year or so.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

knew it, it was always the hip but once it starts feeling better i knew he would want to jump back in like a true competitor.

Think theres a bunch of guys he could still beat

Back