Ben Askren outlines what it will take for him to come out of retirement

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Speaking recently on his own podcast, Askren revealed that he would be willing to come out of retirement under certain circumstances.

“So here’s the deal: I would never make like full-fledge, ‘Hey, I’m gonna go fight, I’m gonna chase the title,’” Askren said. “But I love combat. I enjoy wrestling. I enjoy fighting. So yeah, if someone said, ‘Here’s some money, go fight one time. Here’s the right opponent, let’s have some fun.’ I probably would, you know?”

UFC and the organization would certainly be happy to have Askren keep fighting if he so wished. And while it won’t happen this year, Askren does hint that next year might be a possibility.

“I feel like I’m gonna have to do something to make sure I don’t get too heavy,” Askren said. “So I’m gonna have to compete in some way, shape, or form, might as well get paid for it. So I don’t see why not. And obviously, I’ve told you the UFC has expressed interest in giving me another fight but dude, my hip is so bad. So yeah, in a year or so.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Why would anyone want to watch, though? He's literally done nothing in the UFC other than getting ko'ed in record setting time, getting ko'ed, and winning a controversial stoppage after almost getting finished.

Why would anyone want to watch, though? He's literally done nothing in the UFC other than getting ko'ed in record setting time, getting ko'ed, and winning a controversial stoppage after almost getting finished.
I would watch. Was never a fan but hats off to Askren for how he’s handled the last year

I would watch. Was never a fan but hats off to Askren for how he’s handled the last year

No doubt about that, he's been cool about it all.

But seriously, why would you wanna watch people fighting who has been taking losses well? I'm not gonna go as far as saying that losers take losses well, but ...

Good thing he’s killed it in other organizations then huh.

He's not good enough. i dont think he can beat anyone in the top 10 of his weight class in the UFC

To see him get finished again.

No doubt about that, he's been cool about it all.

But seriously, why would you wanna watch people fighting who has been taking losses well? I'm not gonna go as far as saying that losers take losses well, but ...

YyslyNA.jpg

This is why Ben is must see TV​

He's not good enough. i dont think he can beat anyone in the top 10 of his weight class in the UFC

I'd probably favour him in fights with Chiesa and MAYBE RDA but that's about it.

I like Ben, I'd rather him stay retired.

Yeah but it's fun to watch that happen

A feeding tube and an in-home health aide

I'd watch, all his UFC fights were really, really entertaining for various reasons.

A fight against someone from women's straweight so he has a chance of winning?

Back