Ben Askren making the most of his downtime. Wrestling current 2 time NCAA 197lb champ

I like Askren reminds me of Sonnen but can really beat the top guys in the game as well as calling them out.

Well thats kind of cool. I will tune in even though I know very little about wrestling. My buddy who was pretty good in HS should get a kick out of this

I like Askren reminds me of Sonnen but can really beat the top guys in the game as well as calling them out.

That's hilarious since Sonnen has top 10 wins, and Askren has 0 (or 1 depending) top 20 wins.

What "top guys in the game" did Askren beat? I honestly cannot name one.

Lol, trolling is a tad obvious, but still good for a chuckle.

I prefer slight hyperbole to trolling. I do believe that by the time Askren signs with the UFC he'll be one of the top guys. Though the idea of him being shelved for so long in Bellator limbo does concern me. Still, he's a threat to anyone. Maybe not in the knockout sense, but definitely a threat in the piss you off by smothering you sense.

Any who disagree are Communists.

I prefer slight hyperbole to trolling. I do believe that by the time Askren signs with the UFC he'll be one of the top guys. Though the idea of him being shelved for so long in Bellator limbo does concern me. Still, he's a threat to anyone. Maybe not in the knockout sense, but definitely a threat in the piss you off by smothering you sense.

Any who disagree are Communists.

No argument here - his top position is legit, but his striking is atrocious. But to suggest GSP would be fed to Askren is simply not something I can take seriously :)

headlining an event in which top mma wrestlers wrestle the top college wrestlers.

They should have top mma strikers in kickboxing matches with the current kickboxing champions. Petrosyan vs Pettis would be a hell of a fight. Machida vs Corbett

Thanks for all the updates guys!

Good to hear about Askren, the guy is a serious beast. Can't believe he just walked back on the mat and performed like that. Watching him in MMA has been an experience, seeing him slowly evolve his game each fight and now routinely finishing guys in such a perplexing way. His pressure honestly takes the fight right out of them.

I always thought wrestling was boring as fuck to watch, but that was pretty cool. Askren, despite being the smaller guy was ragdolling him at one point.

How's his opponent rate as a wrestler? Is he legit?

I always thought wrestling was boring as fuck to watch, but that was pretty cool. Askren, despite being the smaller guy was ragdolling him at one point.

How's his opponent rate as a wrestler? Is he legit?

As the title says, he was a 2 time National Champion at 197lbs, and he was nearly a 3 time champ. So he was legit. The wrestler that he is trying to call out now (for january) is Kyle Dake the first 4 time NCAA champ that didn't require a redshirt year to do it; who won all 4 titles at different weight classes and last year beat the kid most likely to win Most Outstanding Wrestler of the NCAA for this upcoming season.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back