Ben Askren "I can't stand when a wrestler gets a takedown"

Pretty sure somebody who is training wrestling a few months before a fight won't be able to catch up to the guy who's been doing it since he was 4.
That's like saying (kind of) if I don't want to get man raped by Roger Gracie I should just train some BJJ.
No matter what he's still gonna be a black belt and as I learn he's refining his already superior game.

Well how else do you propose to defend yourself against Roger Gracie raping you in a BJJ match? Whine about the rules until you can find a way to beat him without actually becoming a better fighter than him? Your post is exactly what I am getting on about. If you arent a better fighter, and you cant get better, then why do you have any right to complain about losing? Wrestling is part of MMA, and if you cant defend it and have a defeatist attitude, despite an infinite number of examples that would prove otherwise, then good, lose.

GSP ragdolled Kos, Matt Hughes put Royce Gracie in a dangerous arm lock and a fat little Hawaiin man is one of the best fighters in the history of the sport. Reach for your dreams.

And despite how cool and smart and edgy everyone is by denouncing classic literature, your personal feelings towards it are irrelevant to the point being made. But as a sidenote that is true about Bioshock (which was SO awesome, and I usually hate video games) and also the reason for the art deco scenery I believe. And Ire I agree that it isnt even a big issue. Blown way out of proportion.

I like wrestlers who get the takedown as long as their active of course(attempt subs,strikes on the ground,actually trying to finish)

Everyones answer seems to be penalize wrestlers for inactivity, but in many cases that is completely subjective. For as much shit that Fitch is given for "lay and pray" when does he ever stop trying to advance? For example in the Alves fight, he was criticized for "just holding Alves down." What is he supposed to do with Alves tried to get up? Let him? Why wasn

I do not want to neuter wrestling, but I think the UFC rules and scoring kind of favor it a bit.

If they tweaked the "grounded" opponent rule, scored emphasizing damage, and allowed 10-10 rounds I think MMA would benefit. Unless your opponent is light years ahead of you at BJJ, there's almost no risk to shooting->reshooting/leg dragging because if the first shot failed you can't get punished with a knee to the dome.

I love grappling, I love watching guys like Fitch run through people with grappling, I actually found his latest fight entertaining. I found Edgar's fight entertaining. I did NOT find Maynard's fight entertaining though, maybe it was because Florian didn't deliver too, I don't know. What I do know is that fight did not seem like a fight*, and that bothered me as an MMA fan.

*I'm not asking for two boneheads to swing for the fences until someone drops. I simply want to see men looking to finish the fight, I don't like guys playing for points in MMA.

Back