Ben Askren: How to Deal with Failure (genius video and man)

I thought Conor and Cruz took their losses as well as anybody, Cody and Honda the worst, but Askren is actually better than both. This is why he is undoubtedly one of the most accomplished combat athletes on the planet, destroyed it in multiple sports (folk style, free style, MMA) and is extremely successful financially in business and both in life. This is what a winner looks like.
Take notes, Shertards.

The comical part is they should fight again just as conor and aldo should have rematched again. Both were great KOs but not good fights and neither would have the same outcome.

Masvidal is delusional when he says asken couldn't hold him down. He ended the fight before he could find out but askren isn't going to fall for a flying knee again. Doesn't mean masvidal couldn't win again but that was luck more than anything else.

Also, funny because askren wouldn't give lawler a rematch so no doubt masvidal isn't going to give askren one.

I guess its fair to say that Askren won the story of that fight and probably gained more fans than Masvidal

Ya i think Masvidal may have lost some fans with that win seriously. I started liking him more for the 3 piece with a soda, that shit was funny, but the way he acted after the KO of Askren i am not a fan anymore. It was really low, i think most fighters would not have hit him 2 more times if they almost killed the opponent with that flying knee. And to then add further humiliation and mocking Ben as he layed there unconscious, not cool. I am all for bloody fights and violence but there should be respect, and honor also.

I don't care what no ones says, I love Askren. And although he got KO'd into next year, I'd favor him in a rematch. I liken this experience to Cain vs JDS 1 and Cain vs JDS 2 & 3. I believe in Ben's wrestling.

Ya i think Masvidal may have lost some fans with that win seriously. I started liking him more for the 3 piece with a soda, that shit was funny, but the way he acted after the KO of Askren i am not a fan anymore. It was really low, i think most fighters would not have hit him 2 more times if they almost killed the opponent with that flying knee. And to then add further humiliation and mocking Ben as he layed there unconscious, not cool. I am all for bloody fights and violence but there should be respect, and honor also.
Well said. he also said that if he's sees him at Whole Foods, he'll smack him up again. Ben should get his CWP and put a cap in him if he tries it.

I guess its fair to say that Askren won the story of that fight and probably gained more fans than Masvidal
Not even close, Masvidal has gone mainstream, a year ago only real mma fans knew who the f he even was.

Um no.

He didn't win the fight or the story of the fight or the memory of the story of the fight's sister or anything except for a concussion.

Ben is such a good troll, now he's going to build a following on his KO loss.

the man is a genius

Was expecting somehting Jocko-esque - but good nonetheless.

He is likeable IMO, and handles the loss brilliantly.

Not even close, Masvidal has gone mainstream, a year ago only real mma fans knew who the f he even was.

Pretty much anyone that knew who Kimbo was knew about Masvidal. If you mentioned "resurgence", it would've been somewhat different.

But IMO it would still be debatable whom got how much from the whole business.

Last edited:
Is he drunk? He's slurring big time. Hopefully this isn't the CTE kicking in.

in his interview with ariel, after the loss, there was no slurring...haters will always see things that aren't there...and cte is something that accumulates over years and years of fighting and taking punishment..not after a fight or 2....go watch the fighers from the 40s 50s 60s...guys that had over 200 fights...SRR once fought like 9-10 times in a year...they'd laugh at your cte talk...

in his interview with ariel, after the loss, there was no slurring...haters will always see things that aren't there...and cte is something that accumulates over years and years of fighting and taking punishment..not after a fight or 2....go watch the fighers from the 40s 50s 60s...guys that had over 200 fights...SRR once fought like 9-10 times in a year...they'd laugh at your cte talk...

I did start my post by asking "is he drunk?".

I, obviously, don't know the reason for his slurring. Maybe he was drunk?

Uhhhhh no Who cares about fans media and all of this bullshit this guy took a knee to the head
Story of the fight? The dude took a fn knee To the face and set the record for the fastest knockout in the history of this organization. This dude is now on the complete wrong side of the bell curve… The story of the fight? Stop watching Max Kellerman. Ben just happens to go public and be available to the press post traumatizing knock out… Please don’t mix shit up

Last edited:
The comical part is they should fight again just as conor and aldo should have rematched again. Both were great KOs but not good fights and neither would have the same outcome.

Masvidal is delusional when he says asken couldn't hold him down. He ended the fight before he could find out but askren isn't going to fall for a flying knee again. Doesn't mean masvidal couldn't win again but that was luck more than anything else.

Also, funny because askren wouldn't give lawler a rematch so no doubt masvidal isn't going to give askren one.
I hear you. The Conor Jose technical battle was one we were all robbed of, even Kavanagh said as much and Conor did too. Fights that end very quickly are exciting, but to martial arts enthusiasts, wanting to see what works when different weapons go to battle together, we found out nothing. Imagine if Rick Roufus KO'd Changpuek in seconds? MMA stand up would have evolved totally differently. The question answering is what makes this sport so fascinating, and the only answer we got was wrestlers are vulnerable to knees when they shoot, something we knew decades ago.

Is he drunk? He's slurring big time. Hopefully this isn't the CTE kicking in.
CTE? Go ahead and just throw things like this around freely… This guy trained in wrestling all his life not taking blows to the head and just happens to find himself in competition getting Knocked out in one shot… Now we have people Talking this silly CTE shit....Pull it in a notch drama queen…

Lol imagine not knowing the difference between genuine bad blood-trash talk and simply selling a fight. Didn't realize how many low IQ UFC fans there were.
mma fans are huge marks. say what you will about pro wrestling fans but at least they know when they're being worked.

CTE? Go ahead and just throw things like this around freely… This guy trained in wrestling all his life not taking blows to the head and just happens to find himself in competition getting Knocked out in one shot… Now we have people Talking this silly CTE shit....Pull it in a notch drama queen…

Yeah and not counting his last two fights he didn't take a lot of damage , Masvidal should be more concerned with CTE then Ben :D

Yeah and not counting his last two fights he didn't take a lot of damage , Masvidal should be more concerned with CTE then Ben :D
I can agree with Mas being A little more susceptible to CTE rather than Askren.. People just throw shit around not knowing what they’re talking about… Not my style

Back