Ben Askren dissing Kron Gracie

Well if anyone knows about having a giant exploitable hole in their game it's Ben

Yeah, Ben has a point, but he has to know a lot of people will bring up his recent fight history whenever he criticizes others.

Ben is one of the more well-rounded grapplers in MMA. Accusing him of lacking "evolution" is dumb. Ben deserves at least as much respect as Maia.

Well rounded grappler, not well rounded mma fighter.

Any examples from the last decade...besides Palhares, who was was sort of a roided leglock savant? I really can't think of wrestlers getting leglocked by anyone besides Palhares for a long time.

I'm talking about pure grappling.

Kron didnt fight the way I thought he would. Ben is right. Hope it wasnt an ego thing, was hoping Kron might be different from other Gracies.

I'm talking about pure grappling.

Oh. Well in MMA, I don't think we'll see many leglocks from Kron. He may submit guys who are Bruce Leroy level on the ground, but whenever he has a small wins streak and gets to fight someone like Cub, the same thing will happen like tonight.

So basically Askren getting flying kneed means his point is wrong?

Never change, Sherdog.

I said on another forum Kron should do the opposite of what Koscheck (I think) did for BJJ.

Go to Russia for six months. Do nothing but wrestling 2x a day, six days a week against the best guys he can afford (that will elevate his game obviously).

A little exaggerated, but still...A+ BJJ with mediocre wrestling and striking isn't going to get it done.

At least Kron knows how to throw a punch...or last more than 3 seconds.

Oh. Well in MMA, I don't think we'll see many leglocks from Kron. He may submit guys who are Bruce Leroy level on the ground, but whenever he has a small wins streak and gets to fight someone like Cub, the same thing will happen like tonight.

Ya, that goes for any fighter though, you have to be well rounded in all areas. It is what it is.

Man thats rough. Whenever Ben says something, someone is gonna always counter with his 9 second loss. Bens gonna have a hard time trying to be funky.

Some random Gracie is going to try and beat up Ben now.

So basically Askren getting flying kneed means his point is wrong?

Never change, Sherdog.

I said on another forum Kron should do the opposite of what Koscheck (I think) did for BJJ.

Go to Russia for six months. Do nothing but wrestling 2x a day, six days a week against the best guys he can afford (that will elevate his game obviously).

A little exaggerated, but still...A+ BJJ with mediocre wrestling and striking isn't going to get it done.
agreed

Ben makes a fair point. Kron had absolutely nothing in that cage for Cub. He was a fish out of water without the ability to get the fight to the ground. He looked completely unprepared for an MMA fight.

tenor.gif

if Bens brain wasnt so drilled with automatic TD attempts maybe hed still have more brain cells right now

He still has more brain cells than you and most people.
He is one of the smartest fighters.
A KO is not the end of life, dude.
The guy took very few punches during his career.
So he got knocked out once with a flying knee, after a career where he took very little damage... wow!
How many fighters got knocked out in their career several times?
How many fighters are punching bags?
How many fighters are dumb enough to do too much/hard sparring?

Back