Ben Askren dissing Kron Gracie

Ben is gonna get some hate and gifs but it’s true. I hate seeing guys who have elite level jitz but can’t get a takedown at all. Kron knee he needed to get it to the mat but acted like he had no idea how and cub isn’t really known for his tdd.

He’s not wrong but also shouldn’t be the one point out a fighter’s lack of evolution.

That would be a fun fight. Kron isn’t winning a belt, he’s well into his prime years now . This would be a fun fight at catch weight.

Actually Sakuraba was beating Gracies right and left in 1997. That was the year BJJ (then call GJJ) was exposed. 1993 would've been a better choice of year.

He’s not wrong but also shouldn’t be the one point out a fighter’s lack of evolution.
Ben is one of the more well-rounded grapplers in MMA. Accusing him of lacking "evolution" is dumb. Ben deserves at least as much respect as Maia.

That would be a fun fight. Kron isn’t winning a belt, he’s well into his prime years now . This would be a fun fight at catch weight.
Askren is too big. He won't even cut to LW, though I think he could if he lost his love handles. It would look like Askren vs. Aoki, though Kron wouldn't give up as quickly as Aoki did.

Askren is too big. He won't even cut to LW, though I think he could if he lost his love handles. It would look like Askren vs. Aoki, though Kron wouldn't give up as quickly as Aoki did.
Yep, Kron would get smashed from top into a bloody pulp. People are acting like Askren is some BJJ noob.

I mean, getting nailed by a flying knee on a take down attempt won't serve him well, but he does have a point. Kron knows BJJ, but he doesn't know wrestling. Kudos to Kron on the stand up, Cub is a great veteran and has heart. Great fight.

Ben is one of the more well-rounded grapplers in MMA. Accusing him of lacking "evolution" is dumb. Ben deserves at least as much respect as Maia.

Maia is more well-rounded overall. His striking is nothing special, but it's better than Askren's for sure. And Maia didn't get nearly decapitated in his last 2 MMA fights.

That said, Maia is older now and may not beat Askren, but I'd pick 2012 Maia (the one who beat Fitch) over Askren.

Well if anyone knows about having a giant exploitable hole in their game it's Ben

Or get leglocked . Wrestlers are horrible defending leglocks

Any examples from the last decade...besides Palhares, who was was sort of a roided leglock savant? I really can't think of wrestlers getting leglocked by anyone besides Palhares for a long time.

giphy.gif

Back