Media Ben Askren destroys Kelvin Gastelum on Twitter

Kelvin sounds like a moron in this exchange.

Askren is the Anti-Covington. His trash talk actually makes some sense.

askrentyedyefro.bmp

Ew I can hear askren bitch voice in his tweets. His whole shtick is “why are you lying, I’m right”

He’s like a much much less talented, uglier, fatter version of dom. What’s Alston’s tweet to fight ratio? Fuckin chode

Gastelum missed weight by 10 fucking pounds in that fight. And didn't Woodley try to refuse the 30% ($9,000) of Gastelum's purse? Gastelum should watch his mouth.

EDIT: The commission would not let Woodley refuse the 30%. Gastelum told Woodley to keep the money and Woodley sent Gastelum a check anyway. Woodley gets a lot of hate on here but that was an absolute class move.

Last edited:
Gastelum would fuck Askren up in the octagon. Only teenagers give a shit what happens on Twitter.

Man, a thread on a karate forum about cage fighters trash talking by stating they have more twitter followers shows just how far we have come, I'm proud to be a part of this community

"Destroys someone on twitter" is one of the dumbest phrases Ive ever heard.

His trash talk works because he's basically just being himself. No character to play. He isn't malicious with his trash talk, but he does seem a bit smarter than the people he talks trash too. In this case, he made it about Kelvin missing weight. No matter what he says back, he missed weight blah blah blah. Since there is really nothing to say to address that without, at least someone, invalidating the way the fight went down, then he's already lost the argument. Instead of ignoring the argument altogether, the responded with the silly reply of saying Askren is nobody by stating that he doesn't know who he is. Made himself look a little out of his depth, and allowed the 10 lbs premise to continue unrebutted.

Askren is a pretty funny dude. I don't know if we will see him have any real success in the UFC, but I hope so.

Makes sense that the op put the followers as it was referenced in their exchange, chill out people.

Kelvin got beat and woodley gave him his money and he still wants to talk shit?

Back