Ben Askren Defends OneFC Title Against Luis Santos April 24th In Manila

Takedown, over.

At this point have to hope someone like Shields contract comes up soon and he maybe goes to fight Askren in OneFC.

He has no real competition over there. Either that or just wait for him to ride out the next year or 18 months of his contract and then hope UFC and him strike a deal.

I wanna see Askren vs. Shields/Palhares winner.

I wanna see Askren vs. Shields/Palhares winner.

Best fight for him outside UFC. he's already mauled Koreshkov/Lima and would destroy daley.

Nobody left but Palhares/Shields winner. WOuld be a good fight.

MFW Luis shocks the world and KOs Askren

jonah_hill_1.gif

Best fight for him outside UFC. he's already mauled Koreshkov/Lima and would destroy daley.

Nobody left but Palhares/Shields winner. WOuld be a good fight.

Too bad the likelihood of this fight being made is slim to none. It's such an intriguing grappling match.

Askren has four fights left on his contract. Can anyone name four welterweights on the roster?

Askren via whatever he wants.

Was hoping this would happen in March, they need to speed up the matches so Ben can become a free agent again.

Was hoping this would happen in March, they need to speed up the matches so Ben can become a free agent again.

Let him fight 3 or 4 guys in one night and finish his commitment! He needs to get out of there and at least go to WSOF or Bellator if not the UFC.

Let him fight 3 or 4 guys in one night and finish his commitment! He needs to get out of there and at least go to WSOF or Bellator if not the UFC.

it would be better if Shields and Palhares went to One FC. it would probably be easier for that to happen than Askren going to WSOF. Also, Askren has said in the past he has no desire to go to WSOF.

Shields, Palhares, Asrken in one fc would make that WW division really interesting. i'm willing to bet that there are heaps of undiscovered russian and polish prospects which could fight these guys.

^if the ufc or bellator doesnt sign him after his contract is up, i hope this happens instead of him going to WSOF.

Winner should get Dwayne Hinds imo.

Not sure they will have done enough to prove themselves worthy for Hinds, guys so explosive for 2 minutes lol

i'm not saying one fc's WW roster is deep, i think we all acknowledge that it's just ben at the top and a whole lot of unranked guys.

but that's the same with WSOF. with the exception of their WW division, wsof has good champions but their divisions aren't that deep either.

all i'm saying is if we want the shield/palhares vs askren fight to happen before ben's contract is up, it would be easier for these guys to sign with one fc. and then who knows what will happen? the signing of these two guys could draw in other higher level fighters.

but if ben finishes his contract and gets the call from UFC then great for him too.

but if ben finishes his contract and gets the call from UFC then great for him too.

Why would Ben fight in the UFC out of his Prime? Prime is 26 years old to 32 MAX.

Plus, why would he take a bullshit, cheap contract from the UFC? If he's smart he'll finish his contract and re-up for another year or two, keep crushing cans and retire.

He doesn't need the UFC.

Most the UFC would offer him is 60/60, HEH.

Last edited:
Askren obviously whenever he feels like it.

But I suppose there are worse possible opponents they could have gotten Askren.

Why would Ben fight in the UFC out of his Prime? Prime is 26 years old to 32 MAX.

Plus, why would he take a bullshit, cheap contract from the UFC? If he's smart he'll finish his contract and re-up for another year or two, keep crushing cans and retire.

He doesn't need the UFC.

He would be able to join at just before he turns 32. But I agree with what you're saying unless they give him some mega deal in which case he can jump on it and if he retires just lose. If he wins, he can pull a GSP with the belt to put one final middle finger up to the baldman.

He doesn't need the UFC.

i agree with you. i've said in the past on this forum, that i don't care if he fights in the ufc or not. the only fight i want to see in the ufc is askren vs hendricks.

but it seems lots of other people on this forum and in this thread want to see him in the ufc, so I simply put that there as an olive branch.

basically he can do whatever the fuck he wants whether ufc/onefc/ wsof or whatever. i'm just speaking from my own fan perspective, since i'm a one fc fan and prefer to see high level guys fight under rules that are less limited. the reason that this santos fight is more interesting is because of the threat of knees on the ground and soccer kicks.

if it happened under unified rules, then we would all say that ben would be an overwhelming favourite, but these rules give luis a fighting chance. (even if it is a somewhat slim chance)

Back