ben askren acknowledges that Jones may be the best 205er in the world.

Askren must be eating a lot of crow atm.

askrenwood.png

Askren is still the 170lb king of cool as evidenced in the photo above, but Jones made him eat some crow for sure.

Kind of crazy to see all those tweets on page 2; I didn't realize that Askren had been calling DC over Jones publically for that many years. Shows it wasn't just about getting in the spotlight.

We found the only one Askren fan!

Top 10 Askren fan here.

Also the #1 P4P Jones testicle embracer on these boards.

This was just "mehworthy" for me. He comes off as bitter since he kept talking shit about DC wrecking Jones, and was drastically proven wrong. Especially about his comment saying Jones would not be able to take DC down rofl

Askren is also projecting, cause he wants nothing more than to be able to prove he's the best WW in the world, but Uncle Dana won't let him. Jones has that ability and HAS solidified himself as the #1 LHW ever.

I still think Askren could win the UFC WW strap

Top 10 Askren fan here.

Askren is also projecting, cause he wants nothing more than to be able to prove he's the best WW in the world, but Uncle Dana won't let him.

I'm pretty sure I hold the top spot at this point, but yea, he has a solid sherdog fanbase.

On the second point, largely I think he legit thought with confidence that DC was better, looking how far back those tweets are dated that he was calling for a DC victory predates even his beef with Dana.

I'm pretty sure I hold the top spot at this point, but yea, he has a solid sherdog fanbase.

On the second point, largely I think he legit thought with confidence that DC was better, looking how far back those tweets are dated that he was calling for a DC victory predates even his beef with Dana.

He is extremely biased for wrestlers.

He dun goof'd not realizing Jones is no wrestling slouch.

Also, yeah, we Askren fans are few and far between here.

GOTTA STICK TOGETHER

Also, I would give Ravden #1 P4P Askren fan spot

He is extremely biased for wrestlers.

He dun goof'd not realizing Jones is no wrestling slouch.

Also, yeah, we Askren fans are few and far between here.

GOTTA STICK TOGETHER

Also, I would give Ravden #1 P4P Askren fan spot

Yea I can't argue with the Ravden call, he has been a solid fan. I have a lot of the same biasedness, so I found myself rooting for DC last night (even though I own Jones Nike Shoes); for me Jones locked up the all time GOAT spot last night. Now that he got through DC though, I am excited for the Gus rematch to take place to see how much they have each grown as fighters.

Cruz (the P4P smartest fight predictor in MMA) calling Gus over Jones before the first fight, makes me think it will be a war again; another part of me thinks Jones was just cocky the first time and will walk through him in the rematch, excited to see.

Yea I can't argue with the Ravden call, he has been a solid fan. I have a lot of the same biasedness, so I found myself rooting for DC last night (even though I own Jones Nike Shoes); for me Jones locked up the all time GOAT spot last night. Now that he got through DC though, I am excited for the Gus rematch to take place to see how much they have each grown as fighters.

Cruz (the P4P smartest fight predictor in MMA) calling Gus over Jones before the first fight, makes me think it will be a war again; another part of me thinks Jones was just cocky the first time and will walk through him in the rematch, excited to see.

I am incapable of picking against Jones.

He has the best fight IQ in all of MMA.

Even if you come in with a game plan that works against him (ala Gus) he can still adjust mid-fight and win.

He came at Gus with his A-plan to out box him, failing that he went to his B-plan wrestling, failing that went to his C-plan kickboxing and managed to pull it off.

Jones is just on that next level to which I truly believe every fight is his to lose, not his opponent's to win.

I am incapable of picking against Jones.

Jones is just on that next level to which I truly believe every fight is his to lose, not his opponent's to win.

Yep yesterday was the first time i've picked against him, it'll also be the last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back