Ben Affleck, David Fincher and Gillian Flynn Reunite for STRANGERS ON A TRAIN Remake

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
January 13, 2015

Ben Affleck, David Fincher, Gillian Flynn Reteam for STRANGERS

Ben-Affleck-011315-Dragonlord.jpg

Ben Affleck and David Fincher will re-team on a Warner Bros remake of the Hitchcock classic thriller Strangers On A Train. Gillian Flynn, who adapted her novel Gone Girl for Fincher and Affleck, is in talks to write the script. The film will be produced by Affleck under Pearl Street, the Warner Bros-based banner he runs with Matt Damon. WB

I doubt it will be nearly as good as Hitchcock's version.

Wasn't a fan of the original. This should be ballin.

Fuck yeah!

Hitchcock film is an absolute classic. One of my favorite Hitch movies. But I always did feel that with the right director and actors, a modernized remake would be cool and, in my opinion, Fincher is an ideal director who is up to task.

Affleck, in turn, seems like a very good fit for that Farley Granger role. You just have to find the right dude for the Robert Walker role since it is such a critical one. Someone like Tom Hardy could be cool- someone who is good at playing a guy who is more than a bit off.

Unnecessary

Definitely true but I trust Fincher.

I loved Zodiac, Social Network, GWTDT, and Gone Girl so he's on a hell of a run (if you exclude Ben Button).

here comes hollywood ... gonna start remaking all the old classics

i like affleck so well see how this goes

Need more psycho and rear window remakes imo.

As pointless as most remakes seem, most of them have nothing on Gus Van Sant's Psycho when it comes to pointlessness. Shot for shot remake? What the hell is the point?

Seemed like he had so much cachet from Good Will Hunting that they basically just let him do whatever he wanted even though it didn't make sense as an idea.

Normally I'd complain, remake, Affleck etc., but Gone Girl was so goddamn good, I'm just gonna be grateful and look forward to this one.

As pointless as most remakes seem, most of them have nothing on Gus Van Sant's Psycho when it comes to pointlessness. Shot for shot remake? What the hell is the point?

van sants psycho was the same movie,except in colour and with atrocious acting via anne heche and vince vaughn

strangers on a train is one of my hitchcock faves but at least its fincher and not some hack like michael bay

Hey just as long as it's Fincher and not Gus Van Sant doing the Hitchcock remakes.

Back