Bellew vs. Usky Build-Up Thread

Yeah I was quite surprised when he said that. Ward seems to be pulling for Bellew because he's familiar with him. Bellew gets a lot of support from fellow boxers it seems. Also thought it was interesting that Ward was saying that the weight cut might be really hard on Bellew. I hope it's not for the fight's sake because Bellew will get destroyed if he's suffering from the weight cut on top of his already massive disadvantage.
It could be that both are commentators and/or he's rooting for the underdog. Ward did make a good point about the weight. Tony lost quite a bit of weight from what I read, a little over 30 pounds. Then again so did Tyson Fury. The amount of weight he lost after being out is unreal. He said he was 400 pounds at one point.

Ward hadn't heard of Usyk up until his WBSS final? As an amateur Usyk was the 2011 Heavyweight world champion and the following year the Heavyweight Olympic champion. He also fought twice in the US back to back against Mchunu and Michael Hunter (who was an Olympian for Team USA). It's interesting that Ward is pulling for Bellew.
Why do they all do that? Of course he's known him.

From hot-headed rival of Clev to having 10 mil in the bank. Bellew is a success story.

Why do they all do that? Of course he's known him.

From hot-headed rival of Clev to having 10 mil in the bank. Bellew is a success story.
Maybe Ward is pulling a McGregor on Usyk?
<FookIsThatGuy>
Now that I think about it, Ward & Bellew were co-stars in Creed.

Bellew is going to get the fucking stupid look knocked off his fucking face by a non puncher.

Usyk really put on a show with the cap & tennis ball at the media workouts. Definitely at a master level now with that routine. He's incorporated elbow blocks, shoulder rolls, turns, level changes, and bouncing around in every direction with pinpoint accuracy. He's the best I've seen so far at it.

Last edited:
Usyk really put on a show with the cap & tennis ball at the media workouts. Definitely at a master level now with that routine. He's incorporated elbow blocks, shoulder rolls, turns, level changes, and bouncing around in every direction with pinpoint accuracy. He's the best I've seen so far at it.

That was pretty amusing. Reminds me of the Rigo vids of his trainer throwing the little balls in random directions and Rigo just catching them. Sometimes two at a time, sometimes at the same time he's throwing one back. It's similar not in the sense that both examples involve balls, but in the sense I can't believe the reaction time and coordination from these pros.

Almost as impressive as what they show in the ring, but nothing quite tops a fighter playing with another fighter like a toy. You just look in awe, say wow, (and try not to laugh when their overmatchd opponent shows their frustration and tries to "turn it up" on them), all while start focusing harder in your head who could possibly challenge them and make it a fight in the future rather than the fight taking currently taking place at that given time.

He made it look so easy. Guys incredible

The face off was funny as fck as well. Both guys are entertaining out of the ring

The face off was funny as fck as well. Both guys are entertaining out of the ring

Any news on what was Bellew saying during the face off.

Physically he looked to me better than against Haye.

Usyk does the cap tennis ball routine better than Loma.. but such exercises didn’t help when Loma fought Salido. We’re talking about Eastern Euro’s fighting Escobar henchmen, these Pee Wee Herman routines can’t save against cartel types

Any news on what was Bellew saying during the face off.

Physically he looked to me better than against Haye.

Bellew was mumbling the love he has for Eddie Hearn but Usyk didn’t understand the point...

Of course Bellew would look better, he can’t cap above Cruiserweight. vs Haye it was fatboy season

Buffer really screwed up with the weights when he announced them. He initially said that Bellew only weighed 14 pounds (LOL) only to “correct” it by stating he was 14 stone, 3 stone, 5 ounces. I sorted it out and did the conversions.

Bellew:
14 stone, 3 pounds, 5 ounces
90.4 kilos
199.3 pounds

Usyk:
14 stone, 2 pounds, 4 ounces
89.9 kilos
198.25 pounds

He’s a fckin legend, and one of the craziest looking dudes I’ve ever seen

yeah, but saying usyk looks crazy now does his past appearance a disservice.

he used to look like a homicidal maniac, man.

201309250828305253190-p5-195x300.jpg

whoever told him to grow his hair like a normal person and get a bit of a beard made him a huge favor. now he only has crazy eyes, back then he was one prop away from being a horror movie character.

Tony Bellew looked good. I don’t expect him to win but he clearly took his training seriously.

I’m looking forward to this one but won’t be able to watch it until Monday. I gotta stay away from here until then.

Back