K
@Steel
Reaction score
Prove me wrong babybois

Shabliy
Usman
Barnaoui
Musayev

Barnaoui already gave Islam his toughest fight outside of the Martins KO yes he even had him in worse spots than Arman or Wade. He was really competitive against Gamrot too.

Shabliy just rekt Primus who's 1-1 against Chandler

Usman still undefeated

Khasans bro is a wild card. Bak who beat Paddy is too. Outlaw is underrated too he almost finished Gillespie who was saved by the bell when he had him back mounted.

Usman would walk over every UFC LW right now cause he's unbeaten and in Bellator and beat a 7-11 night shift manager in his last fight.

I’ve kept an eye on Shabliy since he was fighting in ACA. Honestly that top of that whole ACA 155 division is super legit. Vartanyan (beat Shabliy) and Abdulbhakhobov could be problems for a lot of ranked UFC LWs.

Of course they could.

But what people always forget is, MMA promotions need tiers, you can't just top-load every division.

That's how you allow fighters to progress, by working their way up.

It's important that the UFC doesn't have every good fighter in the world, which opens the door to Bellator, PFL, ONE, KSW & ACA to do the best they can.

It's stupid to be surprised other organisations have elite athletes who could compete at the top of the UFC.

Of course they could.

But what people always forget is, MMA promotions need tiers, you can't just top-load every division.

That's how you allow fighters to progress, by working their way up.

It's important that the UFC doesn't have every good fighter in the world, which opens the door to Bellator, PFL, ONE, KSW & ACA to do the best they can.

It's stupid to be surprised other organisations have elite athletes who could compete at the top of the UFC.

Definitely true but these 4 (besides Usman who has the Nurmagomedov backing) don't have the prestige that past Bellator LWs used to.

Eddie, Chandler, Brooks, Benson, Pitbull bros.. It was easier to get behind those guys. And we saw Brooks be probably the biggest bust ever when he somehow was unable to compete at the top level in UFC despite every sign showing he was an elite LW when signing with no injury history or mileage.

If we see any of them go to UFC I'd be shocked if they flopped like Brooks did.

Shabliy has been on my radar forever, for what feels like a decade and he's only 29. Dudes an exciting striker, greater record, legit wins and young....There's been years and several promotion signings where I was hoping to see Shabliy in the UFC.

Usman Nurmagomedov, it's Khabibs and AKAs plan to have him come over to the UFC and many think he's already the best Lightweight in MMA outside the UFC and the biggest prospect.

Barnaoui is great, also 29, great record, great wins and looked real competitive with Islam and Gamrot. Has been on my radar for a few years.

Musayev I'm not familiar with but the other 3 would easily all be top 15 level UFC LWs, beyond that it's a little hard to tell but they have real potential to even be more, top 10 or even contenders.

Shabliy has been on my radar forever, for what feels like a decade and he's only 29. Dudes an exciting striker, greater record, legit wins and young....There's been years and several promotion signings where I was hoping to see Shabliy in the UFC.

Usman Nurmagomedov, it's Khabibs and AKAs plan to have him come over to the UFC and many think he's already the best Lightweight in MMA outside the UFC and the biggest prospect.

Barnaoui is great, also 29, great record, great wins and looked real competitive with Islam and Gamrot. Has been on my radar for a few years.

Musayev I'm not familiar with but the other 3 would easily all be top 15 level UFC LWs, beyond that it's a little hard to tell but they have real potential to even be more, top 10 or even contenders.
Shabliy looked somewhat lackluster in his first two Bellator bouts, but really put it on in this one. I guess he just needed the motivation of a meaningful bout

In regards to Usman, I assume they are waiting for Islam to retire and then bring over him

Not as good as the ACA top 4 (AAA, Vartanyan, Raisov and Reznikov) but good.

Shabliy vs Gaethje was my dream match up.

nope. But if they ever do make it to the UFC and can stay afloat then we'll see if theyre good enough for Combate.

Gaethje Vs Schulte is the one. I don't see it ever coming, but that fight would be ridiculous.
Schulte, as in Natan Schulte? That would probably be the one boring Gaethje fight.

I don't see how, both guys just constantly come forward throwing and have great cardio and chins.
Isnt Schulte a judoka, though? He would probably look to take the fight to the ground. I dont think he would have amy interest in engaging Gaethje in a striking battle.

Isnt Schulte a judoka, though? He would probably look to take the fight to the ground. I dont think he would have amy interest in engaging Gaethje in a striking battle.

It's been about three years since the last time he took someone down lol.

Back