Bellators 2nd PPV?

jamesgalb

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Would you buy this? (has been edited since the first 10 posts)

Rampage vs Newton
Eddie vs Brooks
Warren vs Dantes
Curran vs Pitbull
Tito vs King Mo

(Undercard with M Page vs War Machine and Kongo vs Ivanov, or something ;) )

(4 title fights is better than watching 20 Bellator promos about the PPV you are already watching :p)

Last edited:
no chance i would buy the ppv after watching tito and his post fight interview impersonation of hulk hogan. it was just awful.

Did Rampage ever say that he would fight Newton though? i know Newton said he's game, but Rampage originally said he'd rather not fight Newton.

No probably not. I vowed not to buy anymore UFC ppvs with Page as a headliner after the Evans sh*tfest.. Then he lost a couple times after that. Page v Newton is not ppv worthy, the UFC guys are better, period. I really like Dantes, but that isn't enough. Ol' Mo forgot that he punches really hard and can strike, because of wtevr the Mayweathers did to his brain, so he isn't worth watching. Tito is the 30th best LHW on the planet, at very best. And Alvarez v Brooks is really good, but I'm just not feeling it with the rest of the card.

Strikeforce was better than Bellator. Especially since Btor has moved to Spike. Put on some tourny's stacked with prospects, make a couple new Michael Chandlers every year at different weights (maybe a 16-man tournament?), and in a couple years you MIGHT be ready for more ppvs Bellator. I bought the last one to support the sport, it was borderline charity. I'm kind of broke, so one is my limit there.

With Page not wanting to fight Newton I can see

Mo/Page rematch
Brooks/Eddie LW title
Newton/Tito LHW title
Warren/Dantas BW unification match
Kongo/Ivanov

Something like that.

Put Caldwell and Page on prelims in fights to build them up and make them look good, then maybe add another solid fight and a good prelim main event and that would be your card.

Mo/Page rematch
Brooks/Eddie LW title
Newton/Tito LHW title
Kongo/Ivanov

Something like that.

Put Caldwell and Page on prelims in fights to build them up and make them look good, then maybe add another solid fight and a good prelim main event and that would be your card.

Alvarez v Brooks would be the main event there 100%, Dantes v Warren would be the co-main. Tito is not getting a title shot, unless Bellator is retarded.

Eddie v Brooks
Warren v Dantes
Page v Tito
Curran v Pitbull/Frodo
Newton v 205 tourney winner (to set up winner v Page/Tito)

I would probably buy that ppv.

Mo/Page rematch
Brooks/Eddie LW title
Newton/Tito LHW title
Kongo/Ivanov

Something like that.

Hopefully Tito can get a win in one of the main events of the spike tv cards....just to make him more credible.

Alvarez v Brooks would be the main event there 100%, Dantes v Warren would be the co-main. Tito is not getting a title shot, unless Bellator is retarded.

Eddie v Brooks
Warren v Dantes
Page v Tito
Curran v Pitbull/Frodo
Newton v 205 tourney winner (to set up winner v Page/Tito)

I would probably buy that ppv.

Would you buy the first card if Curran vs Pitbull were thrown on it?

Despite all the talk, I do not see Rampage passing on the title shot vs Newton. There was a reason he wasn't talking about Tito after the King Mo fight, and its because he just doesn't want to fight a wrestler again.

Eddie vs Brooks
Warren vs Dantes
Page vs Newton
Curran vs Pitbull
Tito vs King Mo

?

Don't get ahead of yourself. Let's see what their first ppv did before remotely talking about a second ppv.

I think they're basically committing themselves to a 2nd PPV at this point.

I'd go:
Newton vs Rampage
Chandler vs Brooks
Tito vs Mo
Shlemenko title defence
WW qualifying tournament match featuring Michael Page

Prelims should feature Kongo again, as well as one or both of the Pitbull brothers and Caveman Rickells.
Also, Michael Chandler, probably in the featured bout right before the PPV starts when the audience peaks.

I don't think I'd buy the PPV, but I would vigorously call my local sports bars to request they order it.

Back