Bellator Womens Flyweight Champion Retains Title After Landing 1.8 Significant Strikes Per Minute

UFCIsNOTRigged

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
E6d8w5WWYAMW3SL

Bellator, the minor league MMA organization, continues to run itself out of business with its ridiculous commentary and judging.

Their reigning Womens Flyweight champion (Velasquez) retained her title after landing 46 significant strikes during the 25 minute fight, roughly 1.8 significant strikes per minute.

She was out-struck every single round.

Big John Mccarthy and their color commentator repeatedly lauded Velasquez on her ability to circle around the cage.

The "champion" was booed off the stage during her post fight interview.

Great organization, great champion. I will stick to the UFC, as Bellator still has a ways to go before it can be considered anything other than a minor league organization.

Last edited:
Wasn't Robbie Lawler outstruck like 2-1 in his win over Condit? Don't see how contentious decisions are supposed to reflect badly on Bellator when they don't have their own judges.

Shit, there's bound to be some controversial scores in tonight's event, like there always are.

She stole the fight with that takedown.

Wasn't Robbie Lawler outstruck like 2-1 in his win over Condit? Don't see how contentious decisions are supposed to reflect badly on Bellator when they don't have their own judges.

Shit, there's bound to be some controversial scores in tonight's event, like there always are.

If a champion has no control time, has no knockdowns, and lands 46 strikes over 25 minutes (1.8 per minute) its time to find a new champion.

The crowd rightfully booed her and the obese (i mean big) "legendary" UFC referee off the stage; because the entire thing was a sham and pathetic.

Its fine, I tried to give Bellator a chance since all the "informed" Sherdoggers say Bellator has all these superior divisions.

After watching I can be sure they dont. Minor league as I suspected.

E6d8w5WWYAMW3SL

Bellator, the minor league MMA organization, continues to run itself out of business with its ridiculous commentary and judging.

Their reigning Womens Flyweight champion (Velasquez) retained her title after landing 46 significant strikes during the 25 minute fight, roughly 1.8 significant strikes per minute.

She was out-struck every single round.

Big John Mccarthy and their color commentator repeatedly lauded Velasquez on her ability to circle around the cage.

The "champion" was booed off the stage during her post fight interview.

Great organization, great champion. I will stick to the UFC, as Bellator still has a ways to go before it can be considered anything other than a minor league organization.

Lol. The guy from the play by play thread saying people are stupid or have fetishes for Velasquez if they don't agree with his shit, ignorant analysis.

Wrong section to post this garbage in.

Rounds were close. Denise made herself look bad by constantly whiffing on strikes. Body language is a thing when it comes to judging, whether you like it or if it's supposed to be part of the criteria or not. Get used to it.

If it was so blatantly obvious that Denise won, it wouldn't have been a split decision lol.

You don't need to outstrike your opponent to win a fight. What sort of stupid thinking is this?

I gave it to Denise 3-2, but if you can't see how she lost that then you haven't watched enough recent fights. Judges don't judge how you seem to think they do. Visuals matter, hugely. Denise looked silly half of the time in there whiffing on punches and her face was busted up. Judges love that sort of stuff.

Basically, you're an annoying, disrespectful, dumb cunt. Stop posting.

Lol. The guy from the play by play thread saying people are stupid or have fetishes for Velasquez if they don't agree with his shit, ignorant analysis.

Rounds were close. Denise made herself look bad by constantly whiffing on strikes. Body language is a thing when it comes to judging, whether you like it or if it's supposed to be part of the criteria or not. Get used to it.

If it was so blatantly obvious that Denise won, it wouldn't have been a split decision lol.

You don't need to outstrike your opponent to win a fight. What sort of stupid thinking is this?

I gave it to Denise 3-2, but if you can't see how she lost that then you haven't watched enough recent fights. Judges don't judge how you seem to think they do. Visuals matter, hugely. Denise looked silly half of the time in there whiffing on punches and her face was busted up. Judges love that sort of stuff.

9tj5eqpvw5g41.jpg

63lp91aw22h31.jpg

This is how mma is meant to be scored. The only criteria you can give Velasquez was damage, but she just caused some superficial swelling on Denise eye. Acute impact is weighed more heavily than cumalative. that was cumalative impact so it's not like it was crazy damage and overules the rest of the fight.

I can see you giving rounds to her but Denise won that fight 4-1. They basically punished Denise for throwing body shots and rewarded her opponent for backing up constantly and throwing a jab. Denise visibly staggers her multiple times and that is meant to score and count as "damage". Denise landed the bigger shots, staggered Velasquez at points and landed some great shots, she just didn't head hunt the entire fight. Give them both another opponent and we will see the rematch. Otherwise someone mentioned keilholtz at 115 in the UFC. I like that also.

How one views an MMA fight is inherently subjective, so yes I fully acknowledge there can be divergent views on how a fight has played out and thus scored.

With that being said, there are instances in which two viewers can watch the same thing, and one viewer can determine that what they have seen is so obvious that any dissenting view is a sign of stupidity.

If we both look at the sky at noon, and you tell me its orange, I am going to come to the conclusion you are intoxicated or have a mental impairment.

If two fighters step into a cage for twenty five minutes, no knockdowns, 1 takedown, no control time, and one fighter out-strikes the other every single round then it is seems unlikely but of course I can understand how the fighter who was out-struck every single round may have earned a win.

HOWEVER

If the fighter who was out-struck every single round only landed 46 (1.8 per minute) significant strikes while their opponent who outstruck them landed 101 (4.04 per minute) then no there is no circumstance under which the lower volume fighter should win.

Also, lets cut the bullshit Kielholtz was landing combinations, Velasquez threw jabs and neither landed nor attempted combinations; Kielholtz won every single round.

Velasquez threw 38 jabs, no combinations, and fought how a civillan pulled off the street and thrown into the octagon would have fought. That was the worst decision I have ever seen watching MMA. The fact morons like you are are defending Bellator, an organization so many idiots on here shill for and say has "better fighters", after their champion stood around for 25 minutes and threw 2 jabs a minute is a joke.

You are a fucking moron, enjoy Bellator, I am done watching minor league MMA. Because I am not going to be gaslit while i watch an MMA fight. Explaining why Velasquez was "winning" that fight is like explaining why Connor was "winning" his fight with Dustin last week; only a moron would try to justify it and only a bigger moron (like you) would fall for it.

Last edited:

That is one crazy stat card.

Derrick Lewis beat Francis Ngannou with just 20 TOTAL strikes landed in 15 minutes. Only one of those was to the head. That's 1.3 total strikes per minute.

uFC sUcks!

Damn i remember it having much less action.

Judges just have a hard job because no metrics are used. Like a strike is worth x, it is just consider these things and pick a winner.

Her next title defense will be against Liz Carmouche. That'll be fun.

I feel bad for Kielholtz, but her not winning is not the main problem; its her opponent being awarded a judges decision for a twenty five minute fight during which she stood around and did nothing while her opponent lit her up and was controlling the action.

And then the commentators are trying to gaslight the viewers by pointing out how great Velasquez's lateral movement was and it was a "clear win" for her

How one views an MMA fight is inherently subjective, so yes I fully acknowledge there can be divergent views on how a fight has played out and thus scored.

With that being said, there are instances in which two viewers can watch the same thing, and one viewer can determine that what they have seen is so obvious that any dissenting view is a sign of stupidity.

If we both look at the sky at noon, and you tell me its orange, I am going to come to the conclusion you are intoxicated or have a mental impairment.

If two fighters step into a cage for twenty five minutes, no knockdowns, 1 takedown, no control time, and one fighter out-strikes the other every single round then it is seems unlikely but of course I can understand how the fighter who was out-struck every single round may have earned a win.

HOWEVER

If the fighter who was out-struck every single round only landed 46 (1.8 per minute) significant strikes while their opponent who outstruck them landed 101 (4.04 per minute) then no there is no circumstance under which the lower volume fighter should win.

Also, lets cut the bullshit Kielholtz was landing combinations, Velasquez threw jabs and neither landed nor attempted combinations; Kielholtz won every single round.

Velasquez threw 38 jabs, no combinations, and fought how a civillan pulled off the street and thrown into the octagon would have fought. That was the worst decision I have ever seen watching MMA. The fact morons like you are are defending Bellator, an organization so many idiots on here shill for and say has "better fighters", after their champion stood around for 25 minutes and threw 2 jabs a minute is a joke.

You are a fucking moron, enjoy Bellator, I am done watching minor league MMA. Because I am not going to be gaslit while i watch an MMA fight. Explaining why Velasquez was "winning" that fight is like explaining why Connor was "winning" his fight with Dustin last week; only a moron would try to justify it and only a bigger moron (like you) would fall for it.

Mate, you should have wrote all that up in the first place and maybe people would take you seriously. Instead, you chose to be an arrogant flog and say that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid or has some weird sex fetish.

I'm not defending Bellator. I only watch Bellator when I've got a bet in play or if there's nothing else to do.

You obviously understand how judging is supposed to work, but you clearly have no fucking clue how it actually works.

I had it for Denise. I never at any point said I thought Velasquez won, only that I know how she won. I'm not going to go back and watch it, but I feel I had it either 4-1 or 3-2 for Denise at worst.

Denise had more volume, slightly bigger moments, and much more forward aggression, and she had all of those things consistently over all rounds except for the 2nd I think it was. Even that round was close and she could have won it.

But none of that matters. The way I scored it doesn't matter, either does the way you did. The only thing that matters is how the judges scored it.

Visuals and body language aren't part of the scoring criteria, but they're a fucking massive aspect to the judges, whether anyone likes it or not.

If a fighter is whiffing on punches all round, it looks bad. It's a bad visual. All their volume and good work can be completely outdone by this and a few stiff jabs. Denise was constantly out of range. If she was at least hitting the guard, it would have looked way better, visually, but instead she was missing completely over and over again. This happened for almost the entire fight outside of a few key stretches for Denise.

Body language in WMMA is huge because half the time the girls can't hurt each other well enough to create very big moments. Looking good overall is enough in WMMA. I don't think it should be, but my bank account tells me that the judges think it does.

If a girl is wearing her hair in a loose fashion (Ketlen Veira, Kay Hansen, etc), I factor that into my gambling because I know that the hair is going to fly around dramatically, making them look worse to judges in exchanges they might otherwise be winning.

If you're going to make an analysis, actually look at what judges historically are doing, not what you think they're doing before you start insulting people.

But what do I know? I'm just a moron who gambles on MMA for living, with a huge focus on WMMA. Part of understanding what judges are actually thinking is a massive part of why I haven't needed to work a normal job in years.

Then again maybe I just have a Velasquez fetish?

Back