News Bellator will have event in France October 10th

The only place on earth the UFC would actually have feeling about not being first was NY and they were first, everyone else I doubt they give a shit especially with a pandemic going on.

Well, considering that France had MMA outlawed longer than NYC, I still think that it's a good get. Also, Bellator can do what they've been doing with holding events in smaller, empty venues and broadcasting it globally.

I think that they'll have a boatload of local talent on the card also. I can't wait to watch. I love France! :)

What French mma fighters does the UFC or Bellator have that would make a big draw? or any mma fighter that French people would care about? In general, Ngannu, Kongo, and who else?

Good news for bellator but the question has been asked: aside from Kongo, who else do they have?

That said, it probably does not matter much. Not like they are looking to sell tickets.

Bellator beating the UFC to France. Didn't they beat them to hawaii too?

What French mma fighters does the UFC or Bellator have that would make a big draw? or any mma fighter that French people would care about? In general, Ngannu, Kongo, and who else?

They will probably have Kongo headline and some local guys on the prelim. It's the first event so there should be some interest from people who want to attend their first event.

Kongo will face someone who has 7 losses in a row and from Poland or something like that. It's Bellator so

Kongo will face someone who has 7 losses in a row and from Poland or something like that. It's Bellator so
insert pregenerated hype video about Kongo's KO power. then on fight day he'll go into Jared Rosholt mode for France's first introduction to MMA

MMA in more places is good for the sport. France has Greco and some kickboxing, right? We could start getting fighters out of there a few years down the road.

MMA in more places is good for the sport. France has Greco and some kickboxing, right? We could start getting fighters out of there a few years down the road.

France has a good judo scene, they also have interesting fighters like Salahdine Parnasse and Mansour Barnaoui coming up.

Mansour Barnaoui, it's the only free agent at the moment. All the others like Nordine Taleb, Mickael Lebout...etc have been signed by Ares FC

Mansour Barnaoui, it's the only free agent at the moment. All the others like Nordine Taleb, Mickael Lebout...etc have been signed by Ares FC

I remember reading that Ares would let fighters go to the UFC if they get the opportunity though, similar to how Cage Warriors does.

I remember reading that Ares would let fighters go to the UFC if they get the opportunity though, similar to how Cage Warriors does.
https://mmadna.nl/bellator-parijs-officieel-bekend-gemaakt-op-10-oktober-met-publiek/

SIR

Dutch to English translation

Bellator Paris officially announced on October 10 with the public

Bellator MMA announced through French channels this morning that it will host the very first Bellator event in France on October 10th. The MMA was not allowed in France for years, but has been legal since this year. Bellator makes its promotional debut at the Accor Arena in Paris. The Main Event of the card will be a match in the Heavyweight division between Cheick Kongo and Timothy Johnson.

Both fighters also met in 2018. Then Congo managed to win the match in the first round via KO. The Co-Main Event has also been announced. Michael “Venom” Page takes on Ross Houston. Page is one of the most flamboyant and famous fighters in Bellator MMA. Houston is a former Cage Warriors champion and undefeated so far. He is making his promotional debut.

https://mmadna.nl/bellator-parijs-officieel-bekend-gemaakt-op-10-oktober-met-publiek/

SIR

Dutch to English translation

Bellator Paris officially announced on October 10 with the public

Bellator MMA announced through French channels this morning that it will host the very first Bellator event in France on October 10th. The MMA was not allowed in France for years, but has been legal since this year. Bellator makes its promotional debut at the Accor Arena in Paris. The Main Event of the card will be a match in the Heavyweight division between Cheick Kongo and Timothy Johnson.

Both fighters also met in 2018. Then Congo managed to win the match in the first round via KO. The Co-Main Event has also been announced. Michael “Venom” Page takes on Ross Houston. Page is one of the most flamboyant and famous fighters in Bellator MMA. Houston is a former Cage Warriors champion and undefeated so far. He is making his promotional debut.

MVP Vs Houston is actually an alright fight. Houston was losing to Dalby in their fight before Goddard had to call it off I thought but was hanging okay with him for the most part.

Kongo Vs Johnson has the potential to be extremely boring, though.

I'm so glad for Kongo, he deserves to finally fight in France. Headlining is a nice bonus too!

Tickets will be available next Tuesday, but I probably won't go. Paris is quite infected and I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of spending hours in trains and subways to get there. It's a shame, that's quite an important symbol for French MMA.

Bellator out here traveling around to all different countries like everything back to normal.

I assume it is going to be mostly European fighters.

Back