Bellator Welterweight Grand Prix Matchups Announced (Daley/MVP & Rory/Fitch)

I like the matchups. I hope they add Daley/MVP to the September card.

I like it.
Plus MVP will probably fight Daley/Lima then Rory...
If he wins, no way to deny he can be GOAT.

Now this is what I call a fucking tournament! Holy shit that is some good fights! Gonna be some carnage!

Why is Rory fighting in a tournament for a belt that is already his?

<{vega}>

He should have been the guy at the top of the mountain. Winner would get to fight him.
Exactly! Makes 0 sense for him to fight in the tournament.

I agree with this but according to Ariel, this is how Rory wanted it. Bellator originally wanted to have the tournament winner fight him but Rory badly wanted to take part.
Ah ok...Well if that's how he wanted it then kudos to him.

I'm feeling bad for Ruth in the semi's, Rory is just too much too fast.

Damn, Larkin went from top 10 in UFC to not even qualifiying for the Bellator Grand Prix.

In b4 MVP ducks the tournament
Why do I have the same feeling? I remember he told Ariel he doesn't want the fight because at this point it would be a step back. Dude, Daley has been top 5 at Bellator for a while and you've been crushing cans.

Lima/Koresh? Out the gate

MVP might be able to catch Daley like he has everyone else, although I would prefer a Daley left-hook finish.

You can see they want Rory coming out of the right side, and why not

Why do I have the same feeling? I remember he told Ariel he doesn't want the fight because at this point it would be a step back. Dude, Daley has been top 5 at Bellator for a while and you've been crushing cans.

You have that feeling because for years now whenever MVP has said it's time to step up and fight elite competition he hasn't done it

Daley is the perfect type of fight to get him in there with a legit guy, let's just hope he finally does it

DOn't know who Ruth or Gracie is, but damn thats a nice little tournament...

Doesn't this belong in the WWMMA forum?

I agree with this but according to Ariel, this is how Rory wanted it. Bellator originally wanted to have the tournament winner fight him but Rory badly wanted to take part.
Gotta respect that.

Rory has shown time and time again that he's a true fighter, interested in legacy... only...

a better a father hopefully than Till.

that left side bracket is mouth watering

MVP finally gets to bang with some high level strikers

I'm not hating Lima/Koreshkov simply cause I knew about it for quite a while so i'm over it but it's still a stupid fight for the first round.I,like many others can't picture MVP fighting in this but at the same time he can't stay away from top'ish guys forever so he might feel like it's now or never.I wouldn't be surprised in the least though if he gets "injured".Ruth has shown some very improved and actually good striking and Gracie can't take him down so that's a good match for Ruth,psyched for that guys future.Rory vs Fitch is ok I guess.I can't wait to see who wins this in 2021!

a better a father hopefully than Till.

Rory seems like a very selfish and distant person just judging from interviews and that thing they had with him and Mike...what's his name?Where they went shopping and had girls over he was just so awkward and weird.Of course i'm just assuming but he doesn't seem like he'd be a fun or emotionally there father but I don't know him,that's just a guess.

Rory is going to kill himself, and probably still win the round.

lima is a terrible matchup for koreshkov

So...iirc Koreshkov beat Lima for 7 full rounds getting caught and finished in their 8th round fighting each other.Not sure how winning 50-45 and every round of the rematch till the KO makes Lima a horrible match up for him.

So bellator is taking the long drawn out tournament route again

Best method for determining the best imo.

Very much like what you would expect in a Sport.

Back