Bellator Welterweight GP bracket announced. Your picks?

Wow, there hasn't been a tournament this stacked since the pride MW and OW GP. Only quality matchup; these guys would maybe even edge out their UFC counterparts (i.e. the top 10) if they were to fight depending on matchups .

I'm usually on the Bellator hate train, but this is excellent.

MVP vs Daley:
Great. Finally MVP fights better competition and the chance he is getting wrestlefucked is slim. Should be a banger. I think MVP wins via decision.

Koreshkov vs Lima:
Would have preferred to see the bout later, but a great matchup. Can't explain why, but I think Lima will win a UD.

Ruth vs Gracie:
Always excited to see Ruth's progress, crazy to think that he is in the tournament with those names.

Rory vs Fitch:
In my opinion the "worst" matchup of all four bouts, but hey, it's Rory, always good to see him fight and he can fight the sharks later. Fitch is no slouch, still think Rory should handle him comfortably.

Larkin vs Amosov:
Probably the best alternate bout they could have made.

I'm calling it now, Amasov is the darkhorse of this tournament.

I think MacDonald wins it all. I would like Ruth to win it though.

Why are Ruth and Gracie fighting each other? Should they both be bottom ranked in this list? I've never heard of either of them
Ruth is a bad mother fucker dude. You're about to hear about him.

It will be

Bracket 1: Lima vs Koreshkov & Michael Page vs Paul Daley
Bracket 2: Ruth vs Gracie & MacDonald vs Fitch (Championship)

I got:

Lima by TKO
MVP by TKO

Ruth by KO
Rory by Decision

Lima by Decision
Rory by Decision

Rory by Decision
I'm more interested in them putting Daley in after he wasn't announced at first and it's a tall order but MVP could make it to the finals without facing a "wrassler" however Lima could take him down and sub him. I hope to see MVP vs Lima and then we will get Rory vs idk I haven't seen enough of Ruth or Neiman(Ruth probably takes it). I know they aren't going to but I wish this tournament would be scheduled quicker than they are doing with HW tourney. This tournament is going to be great.

Lima decisions Koreskov
MVP dusts off Daley
Ruth decisions Gracie in a butt scoot filled fight.
Rory TKO's Fitch
Larkin puts a clinic on Amasov

Rory TKO's Ruth
MVP styles on Lima

MVP breaks Rory's nose
In this scenario does MVP jump to the UFC after? I don't think he has many fights left on his contract. Excited to see MVP get truly tested. I see hope against Lima. But Rory is so well rounded...

Bracket 1: Lima vs Koreshkov & Michael Page vs Paul Daley
Bracket 2: Ruth vs Gracie & MacDonald vs Fitch (Championship)

I think it's awesome these fights are 5 rounds it separates the good from the great.

Lima vs Koreshkov will have no problem going 5 it will be a war all their fights have been awesome I expect no less......koreshkov has improved his wrestling alot and he's no slouch standing im going with Koreshkov by decision.

Page vs Daley is legit the fight in most hyped about this whole year aside from khabib and conman.Im going with MVP by brutal ko after tiring Daley out for 2 rounds or so in what will be remembered as epic.

Ruth vs Gracie is an excellent prospects fight Gracie has awkward but effective standup and elite bjj but Ruth is hands down the fastest evolving prospect out if the fab five and I think will finish Gracie by too in the 2nd.

Rory vs Fitch...imo it's bellator taking the spoiler out early lol.Fuck having Fitch smother his way in boring fights give him Rory right off the bat. I think Rory has the grappling to withstand fitchs naked takedown attempts. Fitchs standup isn't dangerous Rory will throw to kill and likely finish Fitch in 2 -3 rounds.

In this scenario does MVP jump to the UFC after? I don't think he has many fights left on his contract. Excited to see MVP get truly tested. I see hope against Lima. But Rory is so well rounded...
MVP announced just last week that he signed a 6 fight extension to stay with Bellator. He stated he did not even want to test free agency

I dont understand why Larkin is an alternate. He should def be in the regular tournament

Overall, the tournament looks really cool. I see Rory winning it all

He got knocked out by Daley and has yet to win in bellator he's lucky to be an alternate honestly.

I have Koreshkov winning the whole thing, but rooting hard for Gracie.

Would laugh if he ends up outpointing Ruth on the feet, because there's no way in hell that Ed will try to take his chances with Neiman on the ground.

He got knocked out by Daley and has yet to win in bellator he's lucky to be an alternate honestly.
He beat Gonzalez. It was a forgettable fight though, so I won't hold it against you.

Rd1
Lima,
Daily
Ruth
Rory
Amasov

Rd2
Lima
Rory wins but is hurt enough to sub out

Rd3
Amasov wins over lima but isn't champion

Just like strikeforce tournament <DC-Champ>

Why are Ruth and Gracie fighting each other? Should they both be bottom ranked in this list? I've never heard of either of them
Yeah that's weird and this is a title eliminator since one of them will fight for the belt too.

why the hell is Larkin/Amosov the alternate and not Ruth/Neiman????? Makes no fucking sense at all

War Ruth!

Did they discuss how quickly they expect to finish the first round?

Back