Bellator vs WSOF

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Which one would you rather watch?
At this point I'm going to have to go with the younger WSOF. They had some really good signings with fighters, who in my opinion, should still be in the UFC such as Okami and Shields. They have a lot more competition IMO than Bellator and after watching Bellator 120 their showmanship was just sad. Why they had Shamrock in there is beyond me, his corny demeanor made it feel like I was watching WWE rather than a fight. That and the fact that the fighters were talking trash and swearing like WWE stars. I wish WSOF would increase their output but I'm sure that will come once they draw talent which I see happening. People who get cut from the UFC don't usually like to go to Bellator because it will decrease their UFC return because of their bad relationship.

Bellator for sure.

Although I will agree that Frank Shamrock never needs to be on a broadcast ever again.

frank shamrock should be perma ban from ever broadcasting on live tv. frank was absolutely atrocious. frank has the tv personality of a door knob. boring and dull.

frank shamrock should be perma ban from ever broadcasting on live tv. frank was absolutely atrocious. frank has the tv personality of a door knob. boring and dull.

He was a great commentator, IMO. Ronallo, Miletich, Shamrock was an awesome commentary trio. His commentating skills don't seem to transition to his interviewing skills, though.

WSOF has a couple fighters that i love seeing fight but there pretty much just a feeder to the UFC so they never will be able to keep there depth

Bellator is clear cut #2 org in mma ATM

WSOF only runs a show every other month but they dont have nearly the depth Bellator has.

But their best card is equal to or greater than most Bellator cards.

Like if they had

Fitch/Palhares
Justin/Newell
Melvin/JZ
Shields/Burkman
Palmer

Thats a better card than basically 9 out of 10 Bellator events.

The problem is they dont have great challengers for their champs and their cards arent this good every event.

Bellator has the bigger network, bigger and better roster and is clearly number 2.

Bellator easy. They are just better everywhere. Where do they have better comp? In WW and LW? LW no way, WW probably but besides that nope. their whole brand is centered around WW. they have 0 depth or stars outside of that pretty much, spong is the only one anyone can name above WW excluding Okami (taylor and Branch are good but casuals don't know)

Wsof you can leave whenever so they will never have a stable roster. Their lw champ already said he is jumping ship after his contract is up. Wsof is the top feeder league that gives you fights so the big orgs like ufc, bellator and one fc can scout you and give you a good pay day cause you got some hype built around you

WSOF seems to have a good roster but I have no idea where I can even watch their fights...

If it was on spike or if they streamed prelims for free it might help with their exposure, right now its in the dark because its hard to find out how to actually watch it

Totally Bellator. They are a solid #2 and they've been around long enough that I'm familiar with their guys and it really doesn't matter how they would do in UFC. With WSOF, you know because if they were good enough, they'd be in UFC.

Bellator, for their average shows are actually running neck and neck in terms of TV viewers. They've obviously got a long way to go to catch up to them but WSOF's best ratings are what UFC gets on a third tier network like FS 2 for prelims to a free TV show.

WSOF seems to have a good roster but I have no idea where I can even watch their fights...

If it was on spike or if they streamed prelims for free it might help with their exposure, right now its in the dark because its hard to find out how to actually watch it

Spike would probably give them the ecw treatment and make them pay and no advertisement in return and just be a lead in for one of their big ratings shows

Bellator 100% because they try to be different than UFC. WSOF just feels like the UFC minor leagues.

Bellator is way better on par with UFC in some areas and better with the fights moving at a brisk pace match to match. WSOF doesn't bring anything new if they want to expand and compete they need to have something that sets them apart.

Bellator.

Cross promotion between them would be awesome.

UFC > non-UFC

WSOF = UFC B-league

Bellator = non-UFC

WSOF > Bellator

Why people think WSOF is better than Bellator.

I put them almost on the same level.

For ranked fighters both have some good to great fighters:
- Bellator is strong in the FW division and have some of the best LWs, also Dantas and Minakov are solid fighters too
- WSOF have the best WSW in the world, one of the best WFW, one of the best MW and a good number of solid WWs and LWs

The production for both isn't nothing much creative and detached from the UFC model, maybe cauz they're based in USA (Nevada rules, and the fans are tied with that kind of MMA) ... eurasian promos like KSW, M-1 and ONE have far more interesting productions and even very good attendance numbers.
- Bellator has better production numbers, is huge on TV and has an event every friday; also the tournament format is nice. Their attempts to hit off UFC (Fight Master, live trash talking, big ppv) are kinda sad imho
- WSOF has poor attendance afaik but is interesting to c how it'll develop the international plan with WSOF Canada, WSOF Central America, ... it looks like a UFC second division but their matchmaking is far more oriented on mismatches that makes for exciting fights for casuals

Last edited:
Bellator 100% because they try to be different than UFC. WSOF just feels like the UFC minor leagues.

WSOF should be trying to resign there fighters they build instead of letting them go to the UFC

WSOF should be trying to resign there fighters they build instead of letting them go to the UFC

They cant and that wouldnt be good for fans either.

WSOF has carved out its niche, its a UFC minor league, come to us if you are a prospect, vet or UFC released fighter but want to make it back to the UFC some day. We'll pay you ok, not as much as UFC but you wont have to worry about being screwed over when your contract is up and you want to leave like in Bellator.

Thats who they are, come make a few bucks, get some fights on tv, beat a few ok fighters and then when UFC calls you can go.

They dont make the money to be able to match and sign big time talent to big time deals.

They cant and that wouldnt be good for fans either.

WSOF has carved out its niche, its a UFC minor league, come to us if you are a prospect, vet or UFC released fighter but want to make it back to the UFC some day. We'll pay you ok, not as much as UFC but you wont have to worry about being screwed over when your contract is up and you want to leave like in Bellator.

Thats who they are, come make a few bucks, get some fights on tv, beat a few ok fighters and then when UFC calls you can go.

They dont make the money to be able to match and sign big time talent to big time deals.

That's why they are the Indie promotion of mma. There like smokey mountain and all those other shit small shows like in wrestling. pay a couple of decent guys every week in front of 500 people.

The fighters know this, and that is why they are trying to test wsof. They feel they have the upper hand, not the management. They will carve whatever wsof has financially and leave them with nothing in a year or 2 times

Back