Bellator under Coker is the worst thing that's ever happened.

Bellator pretty much tells you what it is, the flashy fireworks, the ramp, did the show suck? Absolutely but you knew what you were getting going in, the UFC is the one who instituted the Reebok deal and keeps talking about how it's a sport yet they're the ones who signed CM Punk and hand out unearned title shots.

In the beginning of your post you say you watched the event. In the end you say that you don't watch their events.
Should've clarified I only seen the highlights, didn't watch the event.

The UFC have their own version of should be put out to pasture fighters too, so I'm gonna completely hate on not the brightest of events. Because I kow they have real fighters in their stable that can "BANG"...

If the event gets as big of ratings as we anticipate it will...why is a card headlining Kimbo v dada and Royce v Shamrock doing so well?

50 year old men with sagging tits, 40 year old men with beer bellies, and Tito.

It's absolutely terrible. How can any non-sick individual enjoy this shameful garbage?

Really does make me embarrassed to be an MMA fan.
Then don't watch it...

I was thinking along similar lines today. I used to respect Coker, but his work at Bellator seems seedy to me. I get that's all legal, sanctioned and involves willing fighters making money. But that doesn't mean it's not seedy.

I was extremely entertained with the Dada500 "veering airplane crash" to the canvass!

The way Coker is running Bellator is counter productive to the sport being fully accepted. Everytime an embarrassing event like this takes place, and is viewed by this many people, it prevents MMA from achieving the level of respect that it needs. NEEDS to let's say be legal in NY... or not be compared to cock fighting etc... Crap like this just sets us back... It allows the opponents of the sport to legitimately create arguments against legality and even our youth taking part. Inevitably what can kill a sport is when Parents decide it is too dangerous for their kids. The NFL may face this, or is facing this with the concussion debacle.

I was thinking along similar lines today. I used to respect Coker, but his work at Bellator seems seedy to me. I get that's all legal, sanctioned and involves willing fighters making money. But that doesn't mean it's not seedy.

My sentiments exactly.

Have lost all respect for Coker. Strikeforce was brilliant. By comparison, this is very seedy. Morally troubling, and bereft of any competitive interest whatsoever. Bum fights in a cage.

I'd rather old fighters fighting each other rather than have them facing younger, stronger fighters that'll beat them senselessly for no reason or gain. Henderson/Shogun was more enticing than Henderson/Cormier.
Good Point. DC wrecked Dan.

Terrible performances (of the 2 main events), but hilarious at the same time. I did not buy the PPV (didn't even know it was) but saw it on the internet... As some one said it in this thread; there certainly could be a niche for these sort of fights.

Bellator pretty much tells you what it is, the flashy fireworks, the ramp, did the show suck? Absolutely but you knew what you were getting going in, the UFC is the one who instituted the Reebok deal and keeps talking about how it's a sport yet they're the ones who signed CM Punk and hand out unearned title shots.
who's getting unearned title shots?

Coker needs to hire fighters who are hungry to advance in their career Instead of giving someone who cares nothing about the sport anymore and will just show up unprepared for a paycheck.

It was pretty funny TBH.

Apparently. I caught the highlights today, and it played out like I thought it would.

Kimbo/dada was sloppy and exposed their cardio and skill deficiencies.

Shamrock got finish embarrassingly and controversially again and complained about it.

The whole think seems to have a yamma Pitt freak show vibe to it.

Props to bellator and Coker for putting on a weird show that people apparently wanted to see. I hope they made a ton of money.

I got drunk with some friends around a bonfire last night.
I would say that weird show was worth missing.

Last edited:
Coker needs to hire fighters who are hungry to advance in their career Instead of giving someone who cares nothing about the sport anymore and will just show up unprepared for a paycheck.
That's what first made me a fan of Bellator. There were exciting fights between hungry young fighters. All of them trying to put on a good show.

Back