Bellator tried to book an 0-12 amateur on Bellator 215 & AC denied them.

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/valerie-loureda-makes-mma-debut-bellator-215

(This story was updated on 01/08/2019 at 8 p.m. ET to include information about Anastasia Bruce being denied as an opponent for Valerie Loureda.)

Taekwondo master Valerie Loureda’s MMA debut is planned for February’s Bellator 215 event.

After commission head Mike Mazzulli denied Anastasia Bruce (0-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) as an opponent for the preliminary-card bout at Bellator 215 (a note first reported by Eric Kowal on Twitter) due to her winless amateur record over a dozen fights, Bellator officials today told MMAjunkie they are now searching for a new opponent to face Loureda (0-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA).

-

I guess she guaranteed Coker a lot of pre-sold tickets

@AJ Garcia - have you ever heard of someone going 0-12 as an amateur getting on a card like this?

What funny business is Uncle Coker trying to pull here?

Dana White is right about Scott Coker.

“Yeah. What is crazy is you just laid out for me how horrible they were at promoting. [That’s] amazing. If you can’t turn those guys into stars and run your business, you should probably get into another line of work.”

“Look at what everybody has done in Strikeforce,” White said. “It’s just, these guys don’t know how to promote. It’s not what they’re good at. When you have Ronda Rousey and you can’t turn her into a star, you should probably go open a restaurant or something.”

Read more:https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10...ions-failures-ufc-lawsuit-deposition-mma-news

Bellator gonna Bellator. Gotta make sure the new pretty face has a can to crush on her debut so she looks good.
Guess they can't fix fights, but with matchmaking like this they might as well be.

To be fair, Scott Coker did turn Gina Carano into a star. A big enough one where she has her own movie career now.
Coker booked Gina against Cyborg in 2009 after a long lay off. He shouldn't get any credit for her success.

To be fair, Scott Coker did turn Gina Carano into a star. A big enough one where she has her own movie career now.

Gina was a star
Coker booked her

That isn't a shot at Scott, but Gina had star power & got attention for SF

i wonder how that taekwondo girl must have felt. when your own promoter thinks you are that bad he had to bring 0-12 for you to win...

0-12 as amateur.....................I think her coach should be saying it over, this isn't for you. Probably should've said that after loss 4 or 5.

they want to make sure she wins. absolutely terrific matchmaking.

0-12 as amateur.....................I think her coach should be saying it over, this isn't for you. Probably should've said that after loss 4 or 5.

That is a weird one man
I appreciate her still going on & on & ..... on

I mean she must be a draw.
She was 0-12 & asked to be on a major promotions card

Here she is

13506991_1215987441766056_4857074842367712923_n.jpg

So, she’s 0-12. What’s one more loss to them?

Back