News Bellator to return to Ireland Nov 5th - Mix Vs Gallagher

Ward is such a bum, having him ranked at 185 makes the division look bad by default. I know their roster is lean but they really need to keep a few mid level gatekeepers on the roster to avoid guys like Ward having a number next to their name. I thought Andrew Kapel was perfect for that role after beating King Mo but I don't think they renewed his contract.

If anything, Bellator has tremendous scouting and Im sure they will find another LW prospect they can get behind. Which, come to think about it, they already found one in Charlie Campbell. So, unless Burlinsson and Duncan become huge draws for the UFC, they wont be missing them too much.

So impressed with Charlie Campbell, they'd be nuts not to lock him into a decent 4 or 5 fight contract. Gotta say I thought I did a decent job keeping an eye on Bellator's prospects but I've never seen Duncan. I wonder why are they not trying to lock these under the radar type guys into generous starting contracts?

I'm thinking at least like 3-5 fights, 20k to show, 20k to win and then going from there (maybe more if I'm not up on the current standard). It beats the 15/15 guys would get from the UFC, they'll get it right away, and honestly it would buy them some good will with the guys who they hope to get the most out of long term. And if they fight twice and stink up the place, just cut them, 40k "wasted" on a prospect that doesn't pan out is peanuts.

So impressed with Charlie Campbell, they'd be nuts not to lock him into a decent 4 or 5 fight contract. Gotta say I thought I did a decent job keeping an eye on Bellator's prospects but I've never seen Duncan. I wonder why are they not trying to lock these under the radar type guys into generous starting contracts?

I'm thinking at least like 3-5 fights, 20k to show, 20k to win and then going from there (maybe more if I'm not up on the current standard). It beats the 15/15 guys would get from the UFC, they'll get it right away, and honestly it would buy them some good will with the guys who they hope to get the most out of long term. And if they fight twice and stink up the place, just cut them, 40k "wasted" on a prospect that doesn't pan out is peanuts.
I'm excited for 263 in California since the commission there releases payouts for all the events so I am curious how much they are paying someone like Chris Gonzalez or Usman. It will be a good starting point to speculate what they pay their blue chip prospects.

If he ends up in DWCS or LFA next event its gonna suck. IMO, the kid has earned it.

Last edited:
We all know James Gallagher is going to pull out of this fight. As for Charlie Ward, the man comes to fight. He maybe somewhat basic, but he comes to fight.

We all know James Gallagher is going to pull out of this fight. As for Charlie Ward, the man comes to fight. He maybe somewhat basic, but he comes to fight.
He comes very infrequently and doesn't come at all if it's hard.

Nice, they are giving pitbull the rematch after that cut stoppage. Is this a good idea though to have in ireland when both their guys Gallagher and queally will probably lose?

How big is the O3 Arena? And what would be the biggest venue in Ireland?

13k I think. I don't think there are many big indoor arenas in Ireland. Mostly outdoor ones, same as here really due to the sports we follow being all outdoor sports.

13k I think. I don't think there are many big indoor arenas in Ireland. Mostly outdoor ones, same as here really due to the sports we follow being all outdoor sports.
Oh, they sell that out easily, and I agree, its not that big of a feat to sell it out.

Oh, they sell that out easily, and I agree, its not that big of a feat to sell it out.

The good thing with it is that because it's quite compact it's usually a great atmosphere in there.

Hopefully the rest of the main card looks better because the prelims look meh. I guess Ciaran Clarke is a good prospect fight.

Nice, they are giving pitbull the rematch after that cut stoppage. Is this a good idea though to have in ireland when both their guys Gallagher and queally will probably lose?
Hadnt thought about it, that might turn into a lynching mob out there.

Back