Bellator to CBS thread

That stigma is the core of the problem. But business as usual in Bellator will never change that thinking with in the MMA world.

When these smaller orgs like Bellator, PFL, and ONE pay these insane prices it really makes you wonder what some of these guys are really making in the UFC. I get them paying extra to secure a fighter to overcome the stigma, but to a certain point. If guy is making 100K/100K in the UFC maybe a reasonable increase would be 125K-150K/double with win or a guarantee of 200-225K a fight. But you hear these rumors that they pay said fighter 400K or whatever. In return either says they are complete morons for overpaying by that much or the UFC is really paying guys much better than we ever know about when the dust settles. You have to believe the later is probably true more often than not and only a small part of the time do they just over spend.
I think the markup is losing the UFC spotlight. People talk about UFC fighters 10 times more then the fighters of other promotions. Chandler talked about how he signed with the UFC for less money then in Bellator but made up for it in sponsorships due to the UFC exposure

Glad to see it on national tv soon but here in Canada it is free on Youtube since we have no tv deal so not a big deal to us.

Josh Thompson said the 3rd fight in the event is huge but couldnt say yet. I hope its MVP vs Larkin.

Josh Thompson said the 3rd fight in the event is huge but couldnt say yet. I hope its MVP vs Larkin.
I just wonder what “huge” could mean. In Josh Thomson’s terms that could be a hardcore mma fight that nobody outside of hardcores care about. Larkin vs MVP is a great fight and casuals can get behind MVP. But will Bellator do that or put some randoms that nobody gives a fuck about?

I just wonder what “huge” could mean. In Josh Thomson’s terms that could be a hardcore mma fight that nobody outside of hardcores care about. Larkin vs MVP is a great fight and casuals can get behind MVP. But will Bellator do that or put some randoms that nobody gives a fuck about?
What about something like benson vs eddie alvarez if they resign him and making it a tournament fight

What about something like benson vs eddie alvarez if they resign him and making it a tournament fight
Idk man I don’t think Eddie is getting too many suitors. His price tag is high and he’s old. Can’t see ufc or Bellator signing him. If he wants to keep fighting I can see him going to PFL maybe. I know he’s holding out for ufc or Bellator but I don’t think it’s happening.

This is great for Bellator still does nothing for me though as I still need the absolute garbage 10 Play app to watch Bellator cards in Australia or use a VPN set to Canada to watch on their YouTube channel.

Side note: Fuck the 10 Play app all my homies hate the 10 Play app!

It’s absolute garbage and is riddled with ads every ten seconds!

This is great for Bellator still does nothing for me though as I still need the absolute garbage 10 Play app to watch Bellator cards in Australia or use a VPN set to Canada to watch on their YouTube channel.

Side note: Fuck the 10 Play app all my homies hate the 10 Play app!

It’s absolute garbage and is riddled with ads every ten seconds!

I just Torrent it even with it being on BBC Iplayer because the Iplayer format annoys me.

With how much bad luck Bellator has with their cards, I wouldn't be surprised if this winds up on UPN before all is said and done

With how much bad luck Bellator has with their cards, I wouldn't be surprised if this winds up on UPN before all is said and done
UFC's main events get canceled on almost every card, people get injured by trying flying knees, robberies of the century (Yan/O'Malley) etc

Bellator is doing just fine lately

UFC's main events get canceled on almost every card, people get injured by trying flying knees, robberies of the century (Yan/O'Malley) etc

Bellator is doing just fine lately
God dang pal, ya ain't gotta get hot about it

God dang pal, ya ain't gotta get hot about it
I agree he doesn't gotta get hot but I actually think Bellator has been for the most part doing very well lately. Matchmaking isn't perfect but there's no doubt it's improved. Good talent continues to be signed. The problem is they haven't made very many people notice which is kind of the point.

I agree he doesn't gotta get hot but I actually think Bellator has been for the most part doing very well lately. Matchmaking isn't perfect but there's no doubt it's improved. Good talent continues to be signed. The problem is they haven't made very many people notice which is kind of the point.

I suspect Viacom are okay with where it's at. Provides some content while turning over a small profit. Not a bad position to be in really.

I suspect Viacom are okay with where it's at. Provides some content while turning over a small profit. Not a bad position to be in really.
I think the CBS move is proof. I'm just hoping they can get a show in every few months. They'll never put it on over basically any other sporting event but there are enough down weeks to go around. I think a summer afternoon card in Europe would make sense for CBS.

I think the CBS move is proof. I'm just hoping they can get a show in every few months. They'll never put it on over basically any other sporting event but there are enough down weeks to go around. I think a summer afternoon card in Europe would make sense for CBS.

From what I've read they're just throwing it on as filler to see how it does. Hopefully they don't fuck it up, but I don't think they have any ambitions of challenging the UFC.

From what I've read they're just throwing it on as filler to see how it does. Hopefully they don't fuck it up, but I don't think they have any ambitions of challenging the UFC.
It doesn't have to truly "challenge" the UFC as much as it needs to build it's own stock into something that better reflects the talent that it has on it's roster. Bellator is less than the sum of it's parts and that bothers me. I don't think any of the current products will challenge the UFC because they've been on free TV too long. The only thing I can think of that could potentially make a dent is if 2 of PFL, Bellator and ONE merged then immediately went into doing quarterly PPVs at a lower cost than UFC. The only way something can challenge the UFC is if it can sell PPVs though.

It doesn't have to truly "challenge" the UFC as much as it needs to build it's own stock into something that better reflects the talent that it has on it's roster. Bellator is less than the sum of it's parts and that bothers me. I don't think any of the current products will challenge the UFC because they've been on free TV too long. The only thing I can think of that could potentially make a dent is if 2 of PFL, Bellator and ONE merged then immediately went into doing quarterly PPVs at a lower cost than UFC. The only way something can challenge the UFC is if it can sell PPVs though.

I think they're doing okay. They have good fighters, but the UFC tends to do a good job of hoovering up the marketable ones. AJ is pretty marketable but he doesn't seem to be showing much sign of signing a new contract and a lot of the other better fighters are cringe lords like Stots and Archuleta.

I feel like Jake Hager should be on this card. Can't really cross promote between. Paramount and Warner Bros but still feels like you gotta do it.

Back