Bellator to CBS thread

Cyborg's gotta be the third fight, right? I'm sure Coker wants a women's fight on CBS.

Cyborg's gotta be the third fight, right? I'm sure Coker wants a women's fight on CBS.
Probably but I hope it's not. Even tho I don't think any of them are washed, Fedor, Bader, Yoel, Cyborg, Zingano aka 5/6 fighters being old or former UFC "rejects" is not a great look

You're 100% right.

Bellator is just cheap live sports for Viacom that can fill time slots no matter what outlet they are on. The product is what it is and has been for years now.

If Viacom was putting any more effort behind Bellator than they did 8 years ago we would've seen it grow, we would see better signings, we would see better quality events over and over, we would see more marketing, etc etc. This product is just spinning its tires in mud.
I mean, its definitely a step in the right direction. They could have gone in many different directions but they are giving Bellator a shot at a network slot in a deeply coveted primetime spot. Its a great opportunity for Bellator to shine and prove they can bring numbers. However, it feels more like an afterthought rather than a CBS commitment to Bellator long-term. I hope Im wrong.

So you don't see better signings? The last card had Nemkov, Usman & Khizriev on the main, enough said

Bellator never had a roster that's even close to what it is now

What I mean about better signings is actually getting some guys the UFC are pissed about losing. Being a real player in the mix and not just a player in the mix for guys the UFC could careless if they lose. They have always done decent on the prospect side of things. It just bugs me that they are owned by massive company yet Bellator is stuck operating on very small budget. At times I'd almost like to see them be sold off to someone that wants to actually build it and not just sustain it at this ho hum level. It was laughable/embarrassing when some the operating numbers got release when Bjorn ran things after Viacom buying it.

They have a decent roster to put on solid shows more often than not but we get the opposite from Bellator. It's a bunch of questionable cards for one decent card. There is just too many events that occur that have zero appeal to most fans and it doesn't have to be that way with the roster they have. This is the most irritating thing from a fan stand point.

What I mean about better signings is actually getting some guys the UFC are pissed about losing. Being a real player in the mix and not just a player in the mix for guys the UFC could careless if they lose. They have always done decent on the prospect side of things. It just bugs me that they are owned by massive company yet Bellator is stuck operating on very small budget. At times I'd almost like to see them be sold off to someone that wants to actually build it and not just sustain it at this ho hum level. It was laughable/embarrassing when some the operating numbers got release when Bjorn ran things after Viacom buying it.

They have a decent roster to put on solid shows more often than not but we get the opposite from Bellator. It's a bunch of questionable cards for one decent card. There is just too many events that occur that have zero appeal to most fans and it doesn't have to be that way with the roster they have. This is the most irritating thing from a fan stand point.
I think it's more that guys won't leave the UFC unless it's for outrageous amounts. From the sound of it, Burgos got something like close to half a million per bout, which I like Burgos, but is he worth that much....

Most guys in the top 10 will take being underpaid if it means that they have a chance at getting a UFC title since that's the biggest prize in all of MMA

Its a dead weekend between football but its a good opportunity for exposure.

CBS is still biggest network I believe so you should be able to do 1-2 mill viewers off that alone.

How much they promote it or how often they actually do shows will show how invested they are in it.

a quarterly CBS show and maybe 18 Showtime events a year would be the best thing for them.

Is there such a thing as an international merger ?

Sometimes I wish One and Bellator could merge and we could just easily have both American and Asia shows with a huge talent pool.

Is there such a thing as an international merger ?

Sometimes I wish One and Bellator could merge and we could just easily have both American and Asia shows with a huge talent pool.
ONE does not have a deep MMA talent pool. They have a solid top 3, particularly in the lower weight classes, outside of that its shallow af. They do have a deep muay thai and kickboxing talent pool, though.

Alternatively, they can do the LWGP on CBS, too. Eight-man tournament, the title on the line on every event, and as the tournament progresses (semis and final) throw some other title fight and/or big fight if they were to sign Nate.
Nate on CBS = 0% chance

Trust me there won't be any Diaz bros or any punks on CBS this time

Important that they get this right I think. If they don't do decent numbers they probably won't get back on. They actually need to invest in promotion for this one.

Cue Josh Thomson telling the MMA media to do Bellator's job.

Important that they get this right I think. If they don't do decent numbers they probably won't get back on. They actually need to invest in promotion for this one.

Cue Josh Thomson telling the MMA media to do Bellator's job.
This might be their only chance to move to CBS semi-regularly. IMO, this should be an all-in kind of situation, get spots in the NFL play offs, hype the shit out of this, play the Fedor = GOAT card, the Fedor vs UFC card (if anything, that controversy will drive more viewership), invite Nate, Francis, any celebrities they can get their hands on, etc.

However, knowing Bellator they'll probably do virtually zero promotion and just expect people to watch because its Fedor. Still, cant be as bad as PFL promoting their first PPV event.

This might be their only chance to move to CBS semi-regularly. IMO, this should be an all-in kind of situation, get spots in the NFL play offs, hype the shit out of this, play the Fedor = GOAT card, the Fedor vs UFC card (if anything, that controversy will drive more viewership), invite Nate, Francis, any celebrities they can get their hands on, etc.

However, knowing Bellator they'll probably do virtually zero promotion and just expect people to watch because its Fedor. Still, cant be as bad as PFL promoting their first PPV event.

Yoel Vs Nemkov being delayed could be a blessing in disguise tbh. As much as I like Yoel he was never a draw.

Stick Cyborg on there because she is a draw, put a homegrown star with charisma you want to build up and for the love of god do not under any circumstances put any of the boring fighters on there.

That PFL PPV is this weekend and literally no one is talking about it. It’s gonna flop so hard

Yoel Vs Nemkov being delayed could be a blessing in disguise tbh. As much as I like Yoel he was never a draw.

Stick Cyborg on there because she is a draw, put a homegrown star with charisma you want to build up and for the love of god do not under any circumstances put any of the boring fighters on there.
Stots vs. Whoever makes it on the other side of the bracket in the BW Grand Prix would be good if they can make the turnout quick enoygh

Stots vs. Whoever makes it on the other side of the bracket in the BW Grand Prix would be good if they can make the turnout quick enoygh

Maybe, Stots can sometimes be a bit boring though (he wasn't last fight though) and he's extremely cringe.

Maybe, Stots can sometimes be a bit boring though (he wasn't last fight though) and he's extremely cringe.
It’s either that or Usman vs. Tofiq. You could also do Amosov vs. Storley and make it a whole thing about Amosov coming back from the war

It’s either that or Usman vs. Tofiq. You could also do Amosov vs. Storley and make it a whole thing about Amosov coming back from the war

Storley Vs Amosov is risky, could be a good fight, could be a dude laying on top of another dude.

Usman Vs Tofiq would be good, Tofiq would at least try and close the distance I think.

Maybe Mamedov vs Outlaw to open the event. In all seriousness, if Pico was healthy then Pico vs Borics 2 would be ideal but he will be out for 6 months. With Pico, Usman, Stots, AJ, all being possibly out and Faraldo being a bust (in the meantime) they are left with just Dalton Rosta. Who is pretty marketeable, IMO. If they can make Rosta vs Salter it would be good enough.

However, I would do 3 title fights. Fedor vs Bader, Cyborg vs Zingano, Amasov vs Storley.

That PFL PPV is this weekend and literally no one is talking about it. It’s gonna flop so hard
Its embarrassing at this point. I would cancel the whole thign and put it on regular ESPN. Whatever little money they are going to make isnt worth the embarrassment and the stain in their reputation.

I think it's more that guys won't leave the UFC unless it's for outrageous amounts. From the sound of it, Burgos got something like close to half a million per bout, which I like Burgos, but is he worth that much....

Most guys in the top 10 will take being underpaid if it means that they have a chance at getting a UFC title since that's the biggest prize in all of MMA

That stigma is the core of the problem. But business as usual in Bellator will never change that thinking with in the MMA world.

When these smaller orgs like Bellator, PFL, and ONE pay these insane prices it really makes you wonder what some of these guys are really making in the UFC. I get them paying extra to secure a fighter to overcome the stigma, but to a certain point. If guy is making 100K/100K in the UFC maybe a reasonable increase would be 125K-150K/double with win or a guarantee of 200-225K a fight. But you hear these rumors that they pay said fighter 400K or whatever. In return either says they are complete morons for overpaying by that much or the UFC is really paying guys much better than we ever know about when the dust settles. You have to believe the later is probably true more often than not and only a small part of the time do they just over spend.

Back