News Bellator signs Tofiq Musayev

#22 it's kind of a mixture of skills but I try to keep it balanced with actual accomplishments. It's only my opinion at the end of the day though. I do them on Tap so you can have a look at them if you want (there's no ONE fighters as their LW's show as WWs on there)

My Top Lightweight MMA Fighters | Hellowhosthat's MMA Rankings | Tapology
Out of curiosity how would you rate the ONE LW guys? Presuming if they fought elsewhere they could make 55 proper.

As many or as few as you'd like.

#22 it's kind of a mixture of skills but I try to keep it balanced with actual accomplishments. It's only my opinion at the end of the day though. I do them on Tap so you can have a look at them if you want (there's no ONE fighters as their LW's show as WWs on there)

My Top Lightweight MMA Fighters | Hellowhosthat's MMA Rankings | Tapology
You have Hooker at #8, so you think he can beat everyone in Bellator?

Moises, Dober, Hernandez, Ferreira shouldn't be in the top 25 man if you make a list with the best 25 fighters currently (I wouldn't list any fighter on 3 fight losing streak in my list)

Moises #31, Hernandez #32, Kutateladze #35, Riddell #39, Dober #40 are at fightmatrix which is closer to the reality, you really ranked them way too high. Mustafaev is #91 at fightmatrix but made the top 25 on your list

Tony is also done. He looked worse than Pettis recently

Last edited:
Great signing but stealing from Rizin not sure good idea for Bellator.

What they going do, send the Yakuza?
No, but Rizin has a market in Japan and Bellator should want to stay in their good graces to continue to establish themselves there. Rizin benefits by having access to Bellator's large roster to try to give their domestic fighters interesting challenges and tests. Bellator has like 300 people on it's roster so it's really no skin off their back to send basically a giant portion of their talent pool over once the borders open up.

I think signing Tofiq will be fine, but the relationship can and should be mutually beneficial.

No, but Rizin has a market in Japan and Bellator should want to stay in their good graces to continue to establish themselves there. Rizin benefits by having access to Bellator's large roster to try to give their domestic fighters interesting challenges and tests. Bellator has like 300 people on it's roster so it's really no skin off their back to send basically a giant portion of their talent pool over once the borders open up.

I think signing Tofiq will be fine, but the relationship can and should be mutually beneficial.
Tofiq said he hopes to fight in Japan soon so I think this was a deal to keep him with a potential to fight on a future Rizin card since borders are still closed so who knows when they will get him another bout.

Out of curiosity how would you rate the ONE LW guys? Presuming if they fought elsewhere they could make 55 proper.

As many or as few as you'd like.

I think Lee would be in the 30's somewhere with Ok not far behind. Dagi probably somewhere in the 60's and Eddie and Lapicus probably sneak on lower down too.

Moises, Dober, Hernandez, Ferreira shouldn't be in the top 25 man if you make a list with the best 25 fighters currently (I wouldn't list any fighter on 3 fight losing streak in my list)

Moises #31, Hernandez #32, Kutateladze #35, Riddell #39, Dober #40 are at fightmatrix which is closer to the reality, you really ranked them way too high. Mustafaev is #91 at fightmatrix but made the top 25 on your list

Well it's based on who they've beaten really. I did pre-do the list and had it a bit different but then I tap checked myself and realised I had people who hadn't actually beaten anyone ranked far too high.

I would bet Hooker against Patricky for sure.

Tony I think is a long way from what he was but I'm taking into account that the people he's lost to I have ranked #1, #3 and #6 so he's been mixing it with elite comp. Most people would be 0-3 against those guys.

EDIT - I'm using this one as a betting aid which might give more of an accurate idea of where I think people are right now, but I only recently started doing it so there's not many people on there yet.

My Hellowhosthat Lightweight rankings | Hellowhosthat's MMA Rankings | Tapology

Ignore the notes, it's mostly gibberish that only I'd understand that I use for betting.

They have a talent exchange, if Rizin cared enough they could probably have Toqif fight there.

They couldn't get any foreigners into Japan. I think they might just have let him go to Bellator as it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.

They couldn't get any foreigners into Japan. I think they might just have let him go to Bellator as it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.
Yeah, makes sense. No reason to keep him tied up.

I think Lee would be in the 30's somewhere with Ok not far behind. Dagi probably somewhere in the 60's and Eddie and Lapicus probably sneak on lower down too.

No love for Aoki it seems.
Maybe Im just a fan of him but I think even at this stage, he is a serious threat and was actually kicking Lee's ass in their fight, which is his only non-avenged loss at LW since Eddie back in 2012. The Nakashima win was impressive. Certainly top100 worthy imo.

No love for Aoki it seems.
Maybe Im just a fan of him but I think even at this stage, he is a serious threat and was actually kicking Lee's ass in their fight, which is his only non-avenged loss at LW since Eddie back in 2012. Certainly top100 worthy imo.

Probably right actually forgot about him tbh. That's the annoying thing about ONE everybody is in the wrong weight division on rankings sites.

Hooker peaked in that 2-fight stretch against Felder and Poirier and has looked absolutely average ever since. Guys like Primus, Outlaw, Mamedov, and even Bak would be very bad match ups for him. There are many fighters in the UFC top 25 that are very deceiving because they are "bangers" but have, either subpar or questionable ground games. I'm talking about guys like Moises, Hernandez, Riddell, Dober, Haqparast, Alvarez, shit even Conor.

Interesting, wonder why Rizin didn't want to keep him around.

Good pick up for Bellator

Hooker peaked in that 2-fight stretch against Felder and Poirier and has looked absolutely average ever since. Guys like Primus, Outlaw, Mamedov, and even Bak would be very bad match ups for him. There are many fighters in the UFC top 25 that are very deceiving because they are "bangers" but have, either subpar or questionable ground games. I'm talking about guys like Moises, Hernandez, Riddell, Dober, Haqparast, Alvarez, shit even Conor.
I know, even Poirier looked like dogshit on the ground. Wouldn't be surprised at all if someone like Mamedov would lay on him for 3/5 rounds. They have a strong LW division but not as good as people say it is

I know, even Poirier looked like dogshit on the ground. Wouldn't be surprised at all if someone like Mamedov would lay on him for 3/5 rounds. They have a strong LW division but not as good as people say it is

There are better LWs at doing what Mamedov does in UFC.
No need to say that, in case Mamedov were in UFC, he would automatically be irrelevant to you

There are better LWs at doing what Mamedov does in UFC.
No need to say that, in case Mamedov were in UFC, he would automatically be irrelevant to you
While you're right about Mamedov being irrelevant to tehmoose if he was in the UFC and there being better top control guys in the UFC there are so few of them by design a lot of those guys Careto listed don't get tested against someone who wants to deploy that type of gameplan. The ones that are in UFC like Makhachev get avoided.

While you're right about Mamedov being irrelevant to tehmoose if he was in the UFC and there being better top control guys in the UFC there are so few of them by design a lot of those guys Careto listed don't get tested against someone who wants to deploy that type of gameplan. The ones that are in UFC like Makhachev get avoided.

It's pretty obvious UFC generally tends to favour standup fighting imo but, at the same time, it's also pretty obvious how much UFC is ahead of his competition in terms of hiring top talent.

Apart from Islam, I do think you match up Dariush, Gamrot, Gillespie or Arman with the same guys Mamedov has been matched up and they can do what Mamedov did but with more sufficiency

The guys careto listed, its more questionable, they haven not been tested as much but are they even ranked?
Tehmoore went as far as saying Mamedov would have serious chances of grinding out Poirier and that's taking it way, way too far

It's pretty obvious UFC generally tends to favour standup fighting imo but, at the same time, it's also pretty obvious how much UFC is ahead of his competition in terms of hiring top talent.
I agree, they are way ahead of the curve when it comes to signing established top talent.

Apart from Islam, I do think you match up Dariush, Gamrot, Gillespie or Arman with the same guys Mamedov has been matched up and they can do what Mamedov did but with more sufficiency
I would add Ferreira to that list of fighters.

The guys careto listed, its more questionable, they haven not been tested as much but are they even ranked?
They arent ranked top 15 but are usually overhyped around these forums. They have very, very questionable ground games and most think they can go to Bellator, PFL, or ONE and become champions immediatley. However, there are very bad match ups for them outside the UFC, guys with grappling heavy styles. Primus, Outlaw, Mamedov, Shulte, etc.

IMO, its a bit ridiculous to suggest that anyone in the UFC top 15 can go to any other promotion and become champions.

Back