News Bellator signs Russian standout Alexander Shabliy to multifight deal

Siauliai

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Bellator continues to ink notable names from the Russian talent pool.

The most recent Russian addition to the roster is former Absolute Championship Berkut, Fight Nights Global, and ProFC lightweight standout Alexander Shabliy, whom the promotion has signed to a multifight deal.

A Bellator official on Monday confirmed the signing to MMA Junkie following an <a href=" Shabliy, 27, rides a four-fight winning streak into his Bellator tenure with his most recent victory coming in December 2019. His resume includes wins over former UFC fighter Adriano Martins, former Bellator fighters Ryan Quinn and Gleristone Santos, as well as Brazilian standout Alexandre Cidade. Sixteen of his 18 professional wins have come by finish. Since 2014, Shabliy has only lost one fight: a split decision defeat to Eduard Vartanyan in November 2016. Shabliy has been submitted once in his professional career, but has never been finished via strikes. Recently, Shabliy moved his training to American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Fla. Since then, he has gotten in training with the likes of Dustin Poirier, Jorge Masvidal, Movsar Evloev and Natan Schulte, among numerous other UFC, Bellator, and Natan Schulte, among numerous other UFC, Bellator, and PFL athletes.

Great singing by bellator stacking up lw div. I would like to see him fighting in his debut someone like Saad Awad or Miles Jury

Hooge signing. Bellator has him and Usman now and while LW isnt their best division or even top 3 theyre getting some legit talent lately

WME era UFC has fumbled some obvious signings. Its only gonna get worse with how much Bellator is growing

Wtf I thought the UFC signed him months ago

Shabliy has all the skills to be a top 5 UFC LW, what a shame

Hooge signing. Bellator has him and Usman now and while LW isnt their best division or even top 3 theyre getting some legit talent lately

WME era UFC has fumbled some obvious signings. Its only gonna get worse with how much Bellator is growing
Also the UFC are not known to be the best to their fighters so if bellator gets more popular people will probably think less about signing.

Shabily is a Dominance fighter so hes signed the usual four fight contract, if Ali wants to move him across at some point I'm sure he'll be able to.

I cant believe how long this guy has been fighting for ants is still only 27

Back