Bellator signs pancrase champ Isao Kobayashi, Andre Fialho

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Bellator has signed top pancrase FW Isao Kobayashi, and undefeated Welterweight Andre Fialho(5-0) all finishes. As well as 18-4 WW thiago goncalvez from the PitBull brothers Camp.

Featherweight: Isao Kobayashi (17-2-4)
Welterweight: Thiago Goncalvez (18-4) - Pitbull Brothers Camp
Welterweight: Andre Fialho (5-0) 4 KO/TKO - 1 SUB

Isao Kobayashi is a solid signing.

Their 145 division is a shark tank. It was very wise to sign him before the chope fight. Now he has 2 name wins back to back. SO many good fights for him at Bellator. He can bounce between 155 and 145 too.

Good to see Isao finally extending beyond Pancrase. I was never as high on him as most people were but he's still a very solid and young talent. Probably not winning a title but he will be competitive with most of their top guys.

Goncalves is a decent signing to add a little depth to WW. I'm not familiar with Fialho but he has a decent win over Giovanni Diniz.

Interested in seeing how these signings pan out. I've been highly critical of Coker & Co. for not signing very many notable prospects outside of fighters who have the AKA connection, so this a very good thing to see. These are the types of guys that Bjorn's Bellator would've taken chances on. They're guys that fall outside of typical Zuffa signings but have the potential to be sneaky good. For once, good job Coker!

All good signings. Will look forward to their fights.

Interested in seeing how these signings pan out. I've been highly critical of Coker & Co. for not signing very many notable prospects outside of fighters who have the AKA connection, so this a very good thing to see. These are the types of guys that Bjorn's Bellator would've taken chances on. They're guys that fall outside of typical Zuffa signings but have the potential to be sneaky good. For once, good job Coker!

yeah thats one fair criticism but it may take time for them to deal with the old roster contracts and roll it over to their liking with signing new guys. im glad to see them signing more guys but it's time for them to address the other criticism which is getting these guys that they've been signing actual fights. dude, where is chinzo machida?

Besides thiago both of these guys were without a doubt on the ufcs radar. Isao just headlined a pancrase card on fight pass. Unless it wasn't streamed there. It was scheduled to be. But either way.

Already assuming Isao will lose his first fight because it seems like fighting in the USA is a curse for Japanese fighters

Lawrence and Santos are better signings than Isao, they both beat him.

Not familiar with any of them but they all seem like interesting signings.

Great signs, my matchmaking for their first fights:
Nice set of signs; my matchmaking for their first fights:

Goncalvez v Adam Cella
Fialho v Derek Campos
Kobayashi v Justin Wilcox
Kobayashi v Kaiser Soze

good to see ISAO getting a shot in the US. i think it'll be tough for him, but this is a good opportunity.

He is 3-4 wins away from a Bellator title, so enough good fights there for him to go through a contract.

Also I heard Bellator may let him take fights in Pancrase.

Idk, ive been reading that bellator initially signed him to an unexclusive contract, but then they were able to get him exclusiviely soon after... no source or anything, so dont shit on me.. just been reading around...

Back