Bellator signs LFA welterweight champion Jaleel Willis to multi-fight deal

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Another LFA champion is headed to Bellator.

LFA welterweight champion Jaleel Willis has signed a multi-fight deal with Bellator, a promotion official told MMA Junkie. No opponent or date has been scheduled for his debut.

Willis’ signing comes less than a month after LFA featherweight champion Justin Gonzales made the same jump. LFA light heavyweight champion Alex Polizzi also signed with Bellator earlier this year.

On Aug. 21, Willis (13-2 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) fought in the LFA 88 main event and won the 170-pound title with a unanimous decision over highly touted Brazilian Vinicius de Jesus. The win marked Willis’ fourth in as many fights.

Not very exciting but adds depth to their already stacked WW division, very very solid top 15. Right now its a shark tank with a lot of fresh match ups and a lot of different styles, not just strikers or just grapplers.

Boring fighter imo, also thought he lost the title fight.

Not bad for depth and for testing up and coming talents though. Maybe a fight with Joey Davis could be interesting.

I guess great for depth but surely isn't a must watch fighter by any means.

I came on here a year ago and said Bellator should get guys from LFA! Now they start? Every matchmaker should be fired and replaced my me! PAY ME COKER!

I didn't know Bellator could get fighters from LFA.

Bellator has always got fighters from LFA they are a feeder org though UFC uses them the most and with them now on fight-pass you would think the UFC would be even more monopolizing their talent. But UFC seem to have switched to Dana White Contender Series and left an opening for Bellator to not wait and snatch them up. Snooze they lose

Back