Bellator Signs Josh Thomson

Expecting a surprise Nate Diaz/Gilbert signing after his suspension is up.

Bellator tried to get Gil but UFC offered him PPV points. As long as Gil has that he's not leaving. They might get Nate but first Nate has to fight or sit out his contract.

I was hoping he would retire. He just doesn't have it anymore. He could probably beat up some chumps in Bellator but I won't waste time watching him do that.

Bellator tried to get Gil but UFC offered him PPV points. As long as Gil has that he's not leaving.

Yeah I thought about that but once that contract runs out, I doubt they'll offer him something half as generous if he keeps his losing streak up.

Yeah I thought about that but once that contract runs out, I doubt they'll offer him something half as generous if he keeps his losing streak up.

Very true they could decide to change the terms once it's up. I think they might be trying to use him to get into Mexico though so I'm not so sure they will.

That was before the UFC/Reebok deal came into fruition. Had he foresaw how much money he'd be losing out from sponsorships, he probably wouldn't haven't re-signed.http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/1...eal-fighter-pay-income-loss-business-mma-news

I guarantee he would have still signed. His PPV points kick in lower then anyone in UFC history. I think Randy Couture got $3 for 300,000 buys. So Gil would be looking at 600,000 if the PPV did 200,000 buys. He was on two PPVs one a championship fight that he also got cause of the contract. So let's say they both did 300,000. That's nearly 2 mil for two fights.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/24/5...vealed-could-make-el-nino-richest-mma-fighter

This doesn't include all the other things he got from the contract. I'm sure he hates the rebook deal cause he did lose some money but he would have lost a lot more going to Bellator.

Bellator tried to get Gil but UFC offered him PPV points. As long as Gil has that he's not leaving. They might get Nate but first Nate has to fight or sit out his contract.

Yeah UFC prob wishes now they didn't match offer, he really hasn't lived up to the deal he signed

Yeah UFC prob wishes now they didn't match offer, he really hasn't lived up to the deal he signed

What in gods name are you talking about? He came in and fought 3 of the top 5 in the world in 4 fights, and had an entertaining win in the middle of that. The guy is a huge draw.

Back