Bellator/Showtime Boxing aims to restart schedule in July on Hollywood soundstage

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Bellator President Scott Coker told MMA Fighting on Monday the promotion aims to restart its schedule in June or July with live events held on one of the Hollywood studio lots owned by its parent, ViacomCBS. The events will not be open to fans and will be run with less than 50 people, he said.

For now, the promotion awaits new regulatory guidelines on holding live events during the pandemic. Coker expects additional coronavirus testing requirements to be put into place by regulators like the California State Athletic Commission, which recently extended a moratorium on combat sports events until the end of May.

California almost certainly won't allow this.

Green screen , have the background the moon or mars

When Coker says Bellator will be up and operating in May, I'd believe it more than anything Dana says. They have been handling things much better than wme ufc with their shit show amateur hour backfires.

California is kind of a nanny state, even compared to the one I live in (New Mexico). I'm not believing anything until two fighters are in the cage.

Bellator and Showtime Boxing are going to share a “fight studio” to put their fights. Starting in July according to Coker

Would fighting under sunlight be safer since the sunlight kills coronavirus?

I'm hoping they'll have the remaining FW fights for this round of their tournament on their return card. It would be a great way to pick up where they left off.

Glad AJ McKee went ahead and got his surgery after his last fight. With the delays he will be fully recovered by his next fight.

“We’re targeting sometime in July to return,” Espinoza said. “And obviously, we’re spending a tremendous amount of time right now trying to make the environment as safe as possible. Keep in mind, that involves working with PBC as they set up protocols for the fighters and promoters. And it’s also working with our parent company [ViacomCBS], as we set up protocols for our employees and contractors. I think there’s a perception that young, healthy people are not affected. Number one, that’s not true for this particular virus.

“But more importantly, the vast majority of individuals probably have someone very close to them who is high risk. Whether it’s a grandparent they take care of, or a spouse or child who might have immune conditions. For someone in my position and the other senior people at Showtime, there’s a heavy responsibility toward asking employees and freelancers to come to an event and wanting to make sure they’re as safe as possible when they return to their families.”

stephen-espinoza_7.jpg

Glad AJ McKee went ahead and got his surgery after his last fight. With the delays he will be fully recovered by his next fight.
McKee vs Caldwell is the most interesting fight in the tournament so far. Blessing in disguise indeed. Definitely want to see either of those guys fight Pitbull

I watched the UFC return fight and the fights were good, BUT, after each fight while interviewing I believe they should have played some low background music. Bellator will do way better.

All I know is with this much time off Bellator better give us some damn good cards and not the crap they usually give us 8 out of 10 times.

All I know is with this much time off Bellator better give us some damn good cards and not the crap they usually give us 8 out of 10 times.
There is no why reason for them not to put stacked cards.

Back