Bellator season 11 MW and BW tournaments

Middleweight? That division is rough for Bellator, no tourney they do is going to come out great. But you got a lot of dudes that just go crazy so it should be fun at the least.

Bantamweight wise they have a chance to put on a hell of a tourney.

- Silva
- Galvao
- LC Davis
- Rob Emerson
- Travis Marx

I'm sure they'll have a few new prospects to toss in but that's five solid dudes already. Should be good and I imagine they'll put Galvao/Silva on the same side of the bracket so we are guaranteed a fresh face in the finals. Could be a fun tourney.

this is what I hope for...

MW: Doug Marshall VS Mikkel Parlo
Brennan Ward VS James Irvin
Ben Reiter VS Jason Butcher
Kendall Grove VS Perry Filkins

BW: Rafael Silva VS Luis Betao
Marcos Galvao VS Rodrigo Lima
Rob Emerson VS Anthony Leone
Travis Marx VS L.C Davis

Imagine the MW semifinals of Parlo, Ward, Reiter, and Filkins.

About tuime they did a proper 8 man BW tournament.

I' like to se a bantamweight tournament wth 8 of these 9 guys

Rafael Silva (21-4 MMA) (2-1 B'tor)
Marcos Galvao (16-6 MMA) (6-3 B'tor)
Rob Emerson (16-10 MMA) (2-0 B'tor)
LC Davis (21-6 MMA) (1-0 B'tor)
Luis Nogueira (17-3 MMA) (5-2 B'tor)
Travis Marx (21-5 MMA) (3-2 B'tor)
Brandon Bender (12-1 MMA) (1-1 B'tor)
Sergej Greicho (20-5 MMA) (0-0 B'tor)
Antonio Duarte (18-5 MMA) (0-0 B'tor)

If I were making he bracket's, i'd go

R. Silva vs. A. Duarte
M. Galvao vs. LC Davis
L. Nogueira vs. S. Grecicho
R. Emerson vs. T. Marx

Last edited:
About tuime they did a proper 8 man BW tournament.

I' like to se a bantamweight tournament wth 8 of these 9 guys

Rafael Silva (21-4 MMA) (2-1 B'tor)
Marcos Galvao (16-6 MMA) (6-3 B'tor)
Rob Emerson (16-10 MMA) (2-0 B'tor)
LC Davis (21-6 MMA) (1-0 B'tor)
Luis Nogueira (17-3 MMA) (5-2 B'tor)
Travis Marx (21-5 MMA) (3-2 B'tor)
Brandon Bender (12-1 MMA) (1-1 B'tor)
Sergej Greicho (20-5 MMA) (0-0 B'tor)
Antonio Duarte (18-5 MMA) (0-0 B'tor)

If I were making he bracket's, i'd go

R. Silva vs. A. Duarte
M. Galvao vs. LC Davis
L. Nogueira vs. S. Grecicho
R. Emerson vs. T. Marx

Have they actually signed Duarte? I remember seeing him fight at an Affliction event and thought he had some talent. I don't think I've seen him fight since then though. He'd be a nice pick-up since they could always use talent from Mexico.

Anyways, I hope this really is a stacked BW tournament. Lord knows they need better talent in that division. I hope Ratinho Lima comes back as well. Also, what is up with everyone including Emerson in the tournament? He sucks as a fighter and a person I just don't see why he has any fans clamoring for him to be in a Bellator tournament.

Ugh Feature fight and tourney fight are 2 different things. Get the thought of Ward vs Irvin being a tourney bout out of your heads. So annoying. It could if theres a cancelation or something but as of right now it's a feature fight and needs to be treated as such

Have they actually signed Duarte? I remember seeing him fight at an Affliction event and thought he had some talent. I don't think I've seen him fight since then though. He'd be a nice pick-up since they could always use talent from Mexico.

Anyways, I hope this really is a stacked BW tournament. Lord knows they need better talent in that division. I hope Ratinho Lima comes back as well. Also, what is up with everyone including Emerson in the tournament? He sucks as a fighter and a person I just don't see why he has any fans clamoring for him to be in a Bellator tournament.

He always brings it. Coming off a fight of the year bout with one of Bellators top BW's has won and finished every fight since the drop down to 145 and is a HUGE 135. HE could do big things in this division. His weakest part is his ground game but he's looked like a beast so far.

Ugh Feature fight and tourney fight are 2 different things. Get the thought of Ward vs Irvin being a tourney bout out of your heads. So annoying. It could if theres a cancelation or something but as of right now it's a feature fight and needs to be treated as such

McGeary/Mucitelli became a tourney fight. I actually think there's a strong possibility Irvin/Ward is a tourney fight.

McGeary/Mucitelli became a tourney fight. I actually think there's a strong possibility Irvin/Ward is a tourney fight.

They are so different. Both were undefeated both have/had a lot of hype and people were clamoring for it to be a tourney fight and when they made it an 8 man and as soon as that was announced that was made a tourney fight.

IRvin vs ward has feature fight written all over it. And it IS a feature fight. Idc what it could be, that is what it is! Reality! It's not part of the tourney so stop talking about ti as such, it's very foolish. Whether it becomes part of it or not time will tell but it if in FACT NOT part of it!

ALso, update, BJorn told mmareport that Vedepo vs coleman is a possible tourney qualifier.

Doug Marshall
Kendall Grove
Melvin Manhoef
Roger Gracie
Mikkel Parlo
Perry Filkins
Matt Riddle
Sultan Aliev

Get it done Bellator!!!

Sultan signed with UFC supposedly... Grove doesn't deserve the tourny spot. Let him be opening non-tourny fights for the TV broadcast or headline the online streams to try and bring in new names.

Perry Filkins,Mikkel Parlo, Ben Reiter, Doug Marshall if not in trouble with failed drug test situation, Bubba McDaniel, Ryan Jensen, Jonas Billstein, Emiliano Sordi

Preferred Match-Ups -

Parlo vs. Marshall
Reiter vs. Billstein
Jensen vs. Sordi
Filkins vs. McDaniel

Alternates: Irvin/Ward winner, Joe Vedepo

Last edited by a moderator:
Parlo definitely deserves another shot in a tournament.

Also, for BW....

LC Davis vs. Travis Marx
Brandon Bender vs Marcos Galvao
Rob Emerson vs Diego Marlon
Sergej Grecicho vs Luis Nogueira

Parlo definitely deserves another shot in a tournament.

true that. I might throw steve Garcia into the BW tourney. I think it's still too early for him but the kid seems to have a hell of a ceiling. Ko'd every opponent has that big win over bunch. Also would like to see them sign a new BW or resign on rather like Jimmie Rivera.

BW tourney since COleman vs vedepo was rumored to be a tourney qualifier probably just cause marshall would be out so if marshall is out

Vedepo, Grove, Parlo, Reiter, Filkins, Cramer, tim woods, brian rodgers

Had to check if Rob Emerson and LC Davis were the same guys I thought they were (of TUF5 and IFL/WEC fame), and good for them, back on TV, with a chance to fight for the belt.

Had to check if Rob Emerson and LC Davis were the same guys I thought they were (of TUF5 and IFL/WEC fame), and good for them, back on TV, with a chance to fight for the belt.

LC Davis just got a win, he probably isn't going anywhere in the division but Emerson has the tools to be a top 10 BW in the world some sites and people already think he is. I can't make an argument against that thinking either. A big 145 and now a huge 135er. finished all this fights at 145 and just had a FOTY with Joe Taimanglo. Regardless of what you think of him personally that dude can scrap. hell of a fighter. he's on a big win streak

i wonder if Luis Nogueira is still with Bellator, he was removed from there roster on there website

I'm just hoping all their tournaments are in division where they only got one title challenge on deck. The last think Bellator needs is more fighters wanting their title shot in LW or FW.

Mikkel parlo vs kendall grove
Doug Marshall vs Rory Singer

Brian Rogers vs Chris Leben
Brennan Ward vs Solomon Hutcherson

Leben, singer, and hutxherson could all be signed easily imo

Mikkel parlo vs kendall grove
Doug Marshall vs Rory Singer

Brian Rogers vs Chris Leben
Brennan Ward vs Solomon Hutcherson

Leben, singer, and hutxherson could all be signed easily imo

C'mon Da Bombers. You're better than this.

Back