Bellator Powerlock Gloves in the UFC

If they continue to prove to be safer they will be forced to use them, or else Dana's an idiot.

not bad results but i dont like the curve as i feel it would create more accidental eye pokes.

How would they create more accidental eyepokes? Common sense tells me it'd be the opposite.

Once the stats come in and it shows they actually work, Dana will have no problem bringing the gloves in.
You guys act like total babies when it comes to Dana.

need visual reference of said gloves please

An easier solution to this problem would be to penalize fighters for using an open hand. In bare knuckle contests fighters are warned to keep their hands closed to prevent poking an eye. If you warn a fighter for having an open hand and he eye pokes he should be DQed (accident or not). Eye pokes can be a career ending or even life changing injury

How would they create more accidental eyepokes? Common sense tells me it'd be the opposite.

Exactly.

I can't remember where I read it but I swear there was a fighter who said that with the UFC gloves if you have a relaxed hand the stiffness of the gloves holds your hand straight.

Just read the article, that seems good to me.

Increased protection + reduce the possibilities of eyepokes.

Now it's up to the athletic commissions.

The extra padding and slight finger curve might be better for striking but how does it affect grappling?

Why don't they start experimenting with the ideas on the prelims. Have the next like 3 months of prelims be using the pride gloves. Then move onto the bellator/everlast gloves. Then onto whatever project I'm guessing the ufc has been trying to engineer. Poll three fighters look at results compare with current gloves then start trying the new gloves on main card events and if it really works it will become the gloves for all. If it fails on the prelims not many people will care

i hate bellator, but if they keep doing stuff like this, things the UFC should be doing, then I'll stop bad mouthing them.

this glove gets a 1 month reprieve from me.

You're welcome, Bellator. Now allow knees on the ground or at least up kicks from your back, and i will buy your ppv.

That's pretty cool. The sample size is relatively small, but comparing it to other seasons, zero breaks is quite the stand out while other seasons touted upwards of five. Still, I would like to see data over the next couple seasons to really come to a conclusion, but that picture provided is very telling.

Thanks for the thread, because I really had no idea that they switched designs.

That's pretty cool. The sample size is relatively small, but comparing it to other seasons, zero breaks is quite the stand out while other seasons touted upwards of five. Still, I would like to see data over the next couple seasons to really come to a conclusion, but that picture provided is very telling.

Thanks for the thread, because I really had no idea that they switched designs.
Patricky injured his hand in his last fight. Don't know if he broke it but he certainly injured it.

Not to say that's a total failure or the glove is not designed well.

i dont think it is going to prevent eyepokes, even if the fingers curve down. The fighter will be putting his palm out and the fingers will still be able to hit the eye.

let's see it in action and hopefully im wrong.

Anyone know if any research has been conducted on these gloves:

tumblr_m9rzk9L7sH1r6zxd3o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Bellator said he injured it during training.

Patricky said he injured his hand in his last fight and was hoping it would heal in time.

@PatrickyPitbull said:
Unfortunately I injured my hands on my last fight and I'm still in no condition to fight. I'll be well in one month and hope to fight in July

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatrickyPitbull

^ u had me thinking Patricky was a sherdogger for a second lol

not bad results but i dont like the curve as i feel it would create more accidental eye pokes.

PRIDE gloves had a similar design and less problems with eye pokes. Also, it just looks like the curve would make for less eye pokes, not more.

Back