Bellator Paying Zaromskis 6k?

Nobody knows who he is among the casuals. He KO'd Jason High and did what else? Headlined a fight card or two for Strikeforce? How many years ago was that?

There are so many events on between all the organizations. The demand isn't what it was even a few years ago.

Every one of his Bellator fights other than the loss to Koreshkov have been awfully boring to watch.

First page is derptastic. Zaromskis nearly KO'd Nick Diaz for that SF title, that was after winning another major promotions title. He is ALSO Very exciting and improves wtevr card he is on. I would make it a fkn point to watch a weaker UFC PPV if he were on it. Dude should have been signed by the UFC and told Spikeator to shove that # up their azz. He did not, but it's still a knock on the entire sport that the guy isn't making fkn minimum wage. It honestly kind of pisses me off a lot. Is it because he has "white"in his nick-name?? How much is jason high making these days? Zaromskis is half the reason I'm watching the card.. If getting beat by an elite striker like Koreshkov means you aren't worth anything anymore, I guess guys should stay the hell out of Bellator.

Is this for real?

First page is derptastic. Zaromskis nearly KO'd Nick Diaz for that SF title, that was after winning another major promotions title. He is ALSO Very exciting and improves wtevr card he is on. I would make it a fkn point to watch a weaker UFC PPV if he were on it. Dude should have been signed by the UFC and told Spikeator to shove that # up their azz. He did not, but it's still a knock on the entire sport that the guy isn't making fkn minimum wage. It honestly kind of pisses me off a lot. Is it because he has "white"in his nick-name?? How much is jason high making these days? Zaromskis is half the reason I'm watching the card.. If getting beat by an elite striker like Koreshkov means you aren't worth anything anymore, I guess guys should stay the hell out of Bellator.
A couple of Dream fans from 2009 doesn't warrant a better contract.

John Moraga: $20,000 (includes $10,000 bonus)
def. Willie Gates: $8,000
Is Moraga managed by Mike Kogan? Why is his show money only 2k more than a guy making his debut?

Last edited:
Nobody has taken him for an elite fighter since he got knocked out by Cyborg five years ago and he hasn't done anything since then to warrant attention. People went from saying he could beat GSP to not caring about him anymore. Getting flattened by a .500 journeyman will do that to your hype.

Maybe one of the more insane things I have seen on sherdog in this thread.

Swing and a miss.

People shouldn't be comparing UFC to Bellator pay.

I agree, but notice that is only the case when talking about "fairly" compensating fighters.

When it comes to signing people, most will tell you Viacom, Scott Coker and Bellator are ready to sign anyone. Anyone with a brain can see that the huge pay difference between Bellator and UFC would create a huge talent divide, but again, this is a part of pay no one can bring up or else you are biased.

Sam Caplan said on Insiders podcast that the fighter payouts don't reflect what fighters really make, they get signing bonuses, paid for appearances for events & sometimes given advances

He looks done, would have like to see him get a bettr payday so near the end. I stand by what I saod earlier.. He had done more than Bubba Jenkins, and who knows how well he guy can prepare on that money. A lot of low figter pay supporters around Sherdog these days...

Viacom is the bigger company, Zuffa is just more committed to the sport then Viacom is.

Just because Viacom owns Bellator doesn't mean it is going to throw money into it. The idea is to GET money, not invest it.

Is Moraga managed by Mike Kogan? Why is his show money only 2k more than a guy making his debut?

Its a mistake. It should read Joanna Jedrzejczyk getting 10k/10k and Moraga getting 25k/25k instead of the other way round.

i support bellator because I support competition.. but fighter pay across the board needs to go up... hopefully bmma has a banging year so that Viacom could give coker more money to play with... god knows we need more fulltime mma fighters in mma.. as opposed to earn your 6k on Saturday and clock back in a papa johns with stiches on your face and two missing teeth on Monday.

If Bellator is having guys fight for $6k on exclusive contracts then that is an issue. If they are non-exclusive and guys can for for other orgs and are in control of their fight schedule then it isnt an issue at all.

Anyone know if Bellator's contracts are exclusive or if they vary from fighter to fighter?

The issue with UFC contracts is that fighters cannot fight anywhere else and are told when and who to fight for possibly low sums.

Fighter salary is only a real concern in exclusive contracts.

Back