Bellator Parts Ways WIth 18 Fighters, Straus, McGeary, Hardy, Macapa, Claxton, Fortune, Rawlings

Either this means Bellator has 0 intention of going back to Europe any time soon, or they realized he isnt as good as they thought he was. Remember when Bellator released Jordan Young? I thought they made a huge mistake and he was on his way to make a million bucks at PFL...boy was I wrong.

I have not seen Spillane in action so IDK. All I know ia that he has a legit ammy career.

Young wanted to leave, they actually did the old Joe Silva to him by giving him a horrible style matchup in Anglickas in his last fight.

He is pretty shit though.

They're going to have events in Europe eventually but the Euro Series is almost certainly done. They can't keep everyone under contract.
A more compact roster and events will be much better for Bellator anyway. Some of those events in Israel or Ireland were messes with 20+ fight events

Wasnt he supposed to fight one of your boys?
yes he was. I was (and still begrudgingly am) a fan of his so it stung extra. My background is in Dutch kickboxing so guys like him were always beloved in our gym as I was starting out

RVR was just in a horrific car accident and he was injured and his sister died. Not sure if he ever comes back
I read that when it happened. I wish the guy the very best, I can’t imagine what that must be like

Russian media reports that Marina Mokhnatkina left Bellator and signed with PFL.

What ever happened to that girl who got signed from Fight Circus? The one who fought a fat dude.

And now we have news that Mitrione, Ronny Markes and Adil Benjilany have been let go. Benjilany won on Friday.

And now we have news that Mitrione, Ronny Markes and Adil Benjilany have been let go. Benjilany won on Friday.
Very low level fight though, I don't mind the cut
If you are barely beating Johnny Soto then you are not that high caliber. I feel like they are giving some fighters the fights they are owed and releasing them, like DeMarques Jackson. But also renewing the ones that they really want to keep, like Ilias Bulaid.

If you are barely beating Johnny Soto then you are not that high caliber. I feel like they are giving some fighters the fights they are owed and releasing them, like DeMarques Jackson. But also renewing the ones that they really want to keep, like Ilias Bulaid.
I mean that’s the way it should be, too much dead weight over the years with fighters who are paid too much for what they are worth, cough cough Myles Jury

I mean that’s the way it should be, too much dead weight over the years with fighters who are paid too much for what they are worth, cough cough Myles Jury
Im glad they are resigning guys like Jay Jay, Bulaid, Brennan, and getting rid of the deadweight. I know Josh and Big John have mentioned that Bellator's roster is about 250-300, but if you think about it only about 75-100 of those fighters are either solid fighters or good prospects. Its better to leave the promotion at around 150 fighters but keep only the best, IMO.

Well I guess we got our answer about why Bellator released Spillane

Back